Mary Magdelene's Magnum Opus...the official Iowa Hswkeyes vs South Carolina Gamecocks womens college basketball championship game thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lebron is the perfect example of being the best player and not winning

Why wouldn’t he use it?

I had to check the username and now I recognize why the response was the way it was

STOP QUOTING ME
YOU fakkit ASS CAC BEFORE I END YOU.

I DONT ASSOCIATE WITH YOUR KIND

STAY OUTTA MY ALERTS.

:devil:
:evil:

Daps
the list of players who could've potentially taken iowa to back to back national championships:
Cheryl Miller
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Sheryl Swoopes (took a worse team to win the actual championship)
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Seimone Augustus (This Iowa team would have better than every team she played on except her senior year)
Teresa Edwards

That’s just off the top of my head. You could place any of them in this era on this Iowa team and make it to the championship game. Their games and skills transcend eras. They were also physically dominant at their positions (which is why I left Sue Bird out as that’s who we SHOULD be comparing Clark too).

I enjoy watching Caitlin play and thinks she’ll be a really good league player, but I’ve been watching women’s basketball forever. The WNBA is a beast to carve out space into as an incoming player. They won’t be able to hide her on defense to conserve her energy. She’s going to have to get physically stronger, learn to not be the focal point, and understand the calls she was getting won’t be coming.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Why the hell wasn’t this a prime time game? I just happened to check the schedule at 4 and missed the first half .

Let me make sure the men aren’t playing at 11am tomorrow

Yeah, I was thinking the samething. Why are they playing at 12pm pst.

I'm up early eating wings and fries at 11:30am
full

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Cheryl Miller
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Seimone Augustus (This Iowa team would have better than every team she played on except her senior year)
Teresa Edwards

That’s just off the top of my head. You could place any of them in this era on this Iowa team and make it to the championship game. Their games and skills transcend eras. They were also physically dominant at their positions (which is why I left Sue Bird out as that’s who we SHOULD be comparing Clark too).

I enjoy watching Caitlin play and thinks she’ll be a really good league player, but I’ve been watching women’s basketball forever. The WNBA is a beast to carve out space into as an incoming player. They won’t be able to hide her on defense to conserve her energy. She’s going to have to get physically stronger, learn to not be the focal point, and understand the calls she was getting won’t be coming.
its funny because i could've insert some names myself - but i knew for a fact someone would include candace parker, maya moore, and diana and some of the others on this list like they weren't on stacked summit/geno teams :mjlol::mjlol:

literally every starter on parker's tenn championship team played WNBA ball at some point.

people get real unserious about iowa's receptionists and dog groomers like they didn't just go out and score zero bench points.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cheryl Miller
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Teresa Edwards

None of these women are carrying a team that scored zero bench points against a team with 10 starters be fr.

Superstar
Daps
Tessa Johnson was the one this game

Several players stepped up and executed in the moment, exactly when they were needed, even if the only played a few minutes a quarter.

They purely as a team. I was worried they’d start to fray a little bit when Iowa got shyt going in the beginning.

They all leaned on each other, doing different things, and stepping up in their roles to get stops and buckets.

They got the chip playing nervous and uncertain, who knows how much damage they can do next year with more confidence.

Superstar
Daps
Hannah Stuelke needs to transfer to South Carolina and come win with her sistas :mjpls:

I was trying to explain to my girl why she’s such a force in the post. She got fakes for every situation, patience, and she not doing what so many other woman players do, protect her body with her elbows or knees when she moves or jumps.

Her and watkins are some of the few players that play like they’re not scared of hurting other players, getting hurt, and playing like they’ve been in a fight before.

They fully extend their limbs and move with violence of action. I’ve watched so many of the forwards, during the tournament, catch the ball in the post and immediately throw up the ball to the first side they pivot to. Some of them are closing their eyes and bracing for impact when they go up.

Her next to Cardosa’s height wouldn’t be fair. Cardosa with Hanna’s mentality and moves would be unstoppable.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:
I nominate Storm Reid for the eventual “Lifetime Presents: The Dawn Staley Story” biopic.