Mary Magdelene's Magnum Opus...the official Iowa Hswkeyes vs South Carolina Gamecocks womens college basketball championship game thread

Daps
its funny because i could've insert some names myself - but i knew for a fact someone would include candace parker, maya moore, and diana and some of the others on this list like they weren't on stacked summit/geno teams :mjlol::mjlol:

literally every starter on parker's tenn championship team played WNBA ball at some point.

people get real unserious about iowa's receptionists and dog groomers like they didn't just go out and score zero bench points.
It doesn’t matter that they played on stacked teams. Every single one of the players on that list has a skillset that transcend their time period and if you stuck them on Iowa for this season, they would have been the favorite to South Carolina (and definitely LSU last year)

College Moore - her midrange game would have opened up more opportunities for easy baskets, Caitlin went 1-5 outside 8 feet but inside the 3 point line

College Parker - Is more skillful inside than any member of South Carolina, Dawn would have gone with double teams leaving the rest of the team (which shot 40% from the field AND from 3) open.

College Diana - took over games BY HERSELF turning All-Americans playing beside her into role players. She could have put up the same exact 10-28, 5 for 13 from 3, 4 “official” turnovers, scored 30 and found a way to win that game. But we know she would have played better than that with timely baskets and elite passing.

None of these players had the green light that Caitlin had either. All of them could play in the post in some capacity, could exploit the midrange, and play above average defense. Which in turn means there are more ways to play instead of your entire offense being predictable to the point where you can expect one of two types of plays 85% of the time.

Sorry the game plan wasn’t anything more than “Pass the ball to Will” and they paid for it. While being an exceptional playmaker, she didn’t make some obvious plays and instead elected to take bad shots. Geez it’s so unfair that Iowa’s coach decided to recruit the best white girls she could get instead of using the transfer portal (and that NIL stash) to entice some players to come in and help pry the ball from Caitlin’s hands and call better plays and ideas.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
people get real unserious about iowa's receptionists and dog groomers like they didn't just go out and score zero bench points.

None of these women are carrying a team that scored zero bench points against a team with 10 starters be fr.

THAT IOWAS STRATEGY THO...
THEY TRY NOT TO PLAY THEIR BENCH PERIOD
UNLESS SOMEONE IS IN FOUL TROUBLE.

5 BENCH PTS VS LSU
3 BENCH PTS VS UCONN
6 BENCH PTS VS COLORADO
0 BENCH PTS VS WEST VIRGINIA

:devil:
:evil:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yeah, I was thinking the samething. Why are they playing at 12pm pst.

I'm up early eating wings and fries at 11:30am
full
If 1130am is early to you....u one lazy ass nikka

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

THAT IOWAS STRATEGY THO...
THEY TRY NOT TO PLAY THEIR BENCH PERIOD
UNLESS SOMEONE IS IN FOUL TROUBLE.

5 BENCH PTS VS LSU
3 BENCH PTS VS UCONN
6 BENCH PTS VS COLORADO
0 BENCH PTS VS WEST VIRGINIA

Their bench stinks man.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Their bench stinks man.

THEY MADE IT TO
THE TITLE GAME BARELY
GETTING ANY PRODUCTION
FROM THEIR BENCH.

ARE WE PRETENDING THAT WAS
SUPPOSED TO CHANGE TODAY?

THAT CANT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE
ALL OF A SUDDEN...

ITS NOT LIKE THE BENCH WAS BALLING
IN THE OTHER BIG WINS
THEN DISAPPEARED TODAY.

IT WAS KNOWN GOING IN
THEY'RE BENCH WOULDN'T DO shyt

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It doesn’t matter that they played on stacked teams. Every single one of the players on that list has a skillset that transcend their time period and if you stuck them on Iowa for this season, they would have been the favorite to South Carolina (and definitely LSU last year)
like i said - unserious lol

some of yal saw the hype and are working overtime to argue against it. even if you gotta sound just as crazy as the folks saying clark could compete against men or something

iowa had a girl play the full 40 and couldn't even get 3 shots up with no one looking at her ffs. i love maya moore too but she played with another #1 pick and eventual mvp. trying to say iowa's team is even close to some of these other squads is actually fukked up and proof folks are losing the plot.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

THEY MADE IT TO
THE TITLE GAME BARELY
GETTING ANY PRODUCTION
FROM THEIR BENCH.

ARE WE PRETENDING THAT WAS
SUPPOSED TO CHANGE TODAY?

THAT CANT BE USED AS AN EXCUSE
ALL OF A SUDDEN...

ITS NOT LIKE THE BENCH WAS BALLING
IN THE OTHER BIG WINS
THEN DISAPPEARED TODAY.

IT WAS KNOWN GOING IN
THEY'RE BENCH WOULDN'T DO shyt

Bench stinks and they only got one other top 100 recruit. Hannah Stuelke a nice lil rim runner and Kate Martin got some dawg in her but that's about it. That ain't enough to beat a SC team thats only lost 1 game in two years. They woulda beat Iowa last year too but they couldn't shoot for shyt.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Will the media stop shoving Clark’s dikk down our throat now?

Watching the pregame coverage was exhausting. Every five minutes, they cut back to Caitlin and showed her breathing, or found a way to mention her. It wasn't Iowa vs. South Carolina, it was Caitlin Clark vs. South Carolina.

The only thing Caitlin doesn't have is sex appeal. If she looked more like Paige Spiranac or somebody, she would be bigger than MJ.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Watching the pregame coverage was exhausting. Every five minutes, they cut back to Caitlin and showed her breathing, or found a way to mention her. It wasn't Iowa vs. South Carolina, it was Caitlin Clark vs. South Carolina.

The only thing Caitlin doesn't have is sex appeal. If she looked more like Paige Spiranac or somebody, she would be bigger than MJ.
I think it honestly makes her bigger with middle america that's she's just average looking

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Cheryl Miller
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Sheryl Swoopes (took a worse team to win the actual championship)
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Seimone Augustus (This Iowa team would have better than every team she played on except her senior year)
Teresa Edwards

That’s just off the top of my head. You could place any of them in this era on this Iowa team and make it to the championship game. Their games and skills transcend eras. They were also physically dominant at their positions (which is why I left Sue Bird out as that’s who we SHOULD be comparing Clark too).

I enjoy watching Caitlin play and thinks she’ll be a really good league player, but I’ve been watching women’s basketball forever. The WNBA is a beast to carve out space into as an incoming player. They won’t be able to hide her on defense to conserve her energy. She’s going to have to get physically stronger, learn to not be the focal point, and understand the calls she was getting won’t be coming.
I've never seen someone talk out of their ass more in a single post:mjlol:.

Not only did you throw out names of players that played on stacked teams that helped their offensive stats (because they couldn't be zoned in by the opposing defense), but you threw in kats that Clark is objectively better than (Augustus, Edwards, Holdclaw).

All in all, your post sounds hella biased. Needing to get physically stronger isn't a serious negative, especially in women's ball...or in general:heh:. She gets on an S&C program for a year or two and she's GTG.

She'll always be the focal point of an offense because very few people in the WNBA can shoot as close to as well as she can, and she's a great passer, and BOTH of those will translate.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Them old bitter WNBA bytches getting absolutely killed this morning on radio. I mean they getting destroyed. Instead of seeing they have a player people actually would pay to go see and maybe lift the profile of the league, they spend most of their time tearing her down and shyt talking. Damn, do you not understand that even if you dont like her and the attention she gets that its a good thing for you and the league if more people started watching and buying tickets.

I think its true that the WNBA has a women problem, not a men problem. All morning long nothing but dudes calling in saying they looking into tickets for when Indiana comes to town.........meanwhile the WNBA is trotting out some bitter players shyt talking Clark.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Them old bitter WNBA bytches getting absolutely killed this morning on radio. I mean they getting destroyed. Instead of seeing they have a player people actually would pay to go see and maybe lift the profile of the league, they spend most of their time tearing her down and shyt talking. Damn, do you not understand that even if you dont like her and the attention she gets that its a good thing for you and the league if more people started watching and buying tickets.

I think its true that the WNBA has a women problem, not a men problem. All morning long nothing but dudes calling in saying they looking into tickets for when Indiana comes to town.........meanwhile the WNBA is trotting out some bitter players shyt talking Clark.
Caitlin should say fukk it and just play in the Big3...I can't stand an old ungrateful bytch