Marvel's Spider-Man 2 PS5 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
lmao, what's crazy is he got some of the cleanest waves in comic book history.
:banderas: Bruh is literally spinning

Fx8RepqWYAA5ATW.jpg

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This game is real nightmareish to play with MJ on higher difficulty. The first game, all you had to worry about is not getting caught by Sable agents, the Demons and Tombstone bikers. Now she can defend herself but if she gets hits one time on a higher difficulty, she's outta there.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:WTF Norman and Harry is black in Spider-Man: Freshman Year. Don’t know how to feel about this reminds me of the DCAU’s Lex.

Nwtp2pZw7ZNWIdQAy-bnmgeySjvVMQ9Kg3NZpf4C3x8.jpg

harryosborn.png

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The game was solid, and MJ missions are better this time around. However, those missions ruined the flow of the game imo. Plus, it kind of takes you out of the immersion seeing her take out 10+ dudes, but you have to put up a fight with spiderman, so it made them seem less intimidating Also, I wish they did a better job of making Miles feel different than Peter because it felt like their playstyle was very similar depending how you slot L1 Square ability. Other gripe I had with the game was the boss battles because it felt tiring that every boss fight had 3-4 phases.

The technical aspect of the game was amazing, and prob some of the best stuff I've experienced this gen. This game made me sad that I don't have a 120hz TV because I hear this game is so good when you play on 40fps fidelity mode.

The side missions seem better this time around, but I felt it was a missed opportunity not to have some races and some traversal challenges. Unsure, if I missed those, but I felt with all of the new traversal mechanics.

Overall, a solid game and better than the other entries, but I think it suffered a bit of the sequel syndrome where you were in awe the first time around, but expected more the 2nd time. I don't think that's a bad thing because I am a guy who plays through Yakuza games, which suffers from that same thing, but it's still an enjoyable experience. Anyways, 8/10 game for me, but still a must play game of course.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
This game is real nightmareish to play with MJ on higher difficulty. The first game, all you had to worry about is not getting caught by Sable agents, the Demons and Tombstone bikers. Now she can defend herself but if she gets hits one time on a higher difficulty, she's outta there.
Kinda. My first play through was on Spectacular mode so that one hit death made sense to me, as unlike the Spider-Men, she doesn't have a healing factor.

However when she took the arrow in the shoulder and just walked it off, that took me out for a sec.

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
May have been mentioned but I got a Stranger Things/Upside down Vecna vibes with the Venom stuff towards the end. Taking over the city, the voices and it even looked like you were in an upside down area. It was just the vibe I got.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well probably get Miles Morales 2 next with Carnage and/or maybe Chameleon and Ana Kravinoff. It'll probably serve as an origin story/set up for Silk and a display of how Miles is the sole Spider-Man now.

And then Spider-Man 3 will involve Peter coming out of retirement due to Doc Ock sharing Spideys identity with Norman, who becomes Green Goblin by trying out the G Serum via human testing (himself). Well have 3 playable Spider-Man and there will be a plot twist with Miguel showing up and derailing all the fukkery with Goblin and Doc Ock with multiverse stuff.

What's interesting is the "final chapter" stuff Doc Ock was on. There's two stories in the comics based on that title, and one involves resurrecting aunt may :francis:

I kind of think they should just skip the DLC this time. Go straight to 3, make another little side game like R&C or a new IP instead.

One of the things i think that took some impact from SM2 away is Miles and the Remaster closing the gap between games. Let people miss it a bit

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Carnage gonna be wild next game. Remind me how he's different than Venom? I don't remember him from the movie but I remember there were differences