Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider-Man 2 interview embargo is up, confirms Peter and Miles can switch on the fly in the open world, during story missions itll be at the narrative points.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Spider-Man 2 interview embargo is up, confirms Peter and Miles can switch on the fly in the open world, during story missions itll be at the narrative points.

I like that added touch of making this suit organic and alive I'm glad thay added it:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I like that added touch of making this suit organic and alive I'm glad thay added it:wow:

Yeah, im glad they didn’t just do the black silhouette type suit. I like that too but let Insomniac do their own thing with it.

the older games, cartoons, and comic did the flat black suit, the raimi films did the black webbing suit, this is going straight aliens wiht it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Let me post the actual write up from Eurogamer:

When you're playing the main story, we control when you switch between Pete and Miles... it's done in service to the story when we're making those switches, for sure," Spider-Man 2's creative director Bryan Intihar told Eurogamer in an exclusive interview. "So, as you saw on that gameplay reveal, which is a segment of the main story, we are pre-determining those based on what we want to do for how the story plays out."

"We have content designed around Peter, we have content designed around Miles and we have content where you can play either," Intihar shared. "You'll be able to - in the open world - freely switch between them with a simple button press." This is thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i have no clue how they are gonna take the symbiote away from peter when venom is introduced considering they have a whole skill tree based around it :jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
More from Eurogamer interview:

Spider-Man 2 interview round-up with Famitsu & Eurogamer (Darker tone, Includes Brooklyn & Queens, Roughly twice the size of original, & more)​

"Whether it's Kraven - which we confirmed in the beginning of the sequence - and obviously, we showed Venom when we first announced the game and now with the Symbiote and Pete being bonded with the Symbiote, there's naturally going to be some darker elements to the story," Intihar says. "That's just being respectful to those characters, and what they bring to the overall experience."

But this doesn't mean we will have to spend the entire game with a moody, bristling Peter Parker. Despite seeing a darker side to Peter in the gameplayer trailer - something that can be attributed to his new Symbiote suit - Insomniac says we should still expect to see plenty of the charm its studio is known for, as well as the human stories of the people behind their superhero masks.

"What we've talked a lot about is - whether it was Marvel's Spider Man or Miles Morales - our games are all about still having heart and humour," Intihar says. "It's really finding that balance between those darker themes and characters, but also delivering that very human story where there's a lot of heart and humour... I think that's what was tricky. But I do think we found that nice balance at the end of the day."
Click to shrink...

When Peter gets bonded with the Symbiote, it's not a joke. "It's not something we want to make fun of," the director stresses. "Yuri will forever be my Peter Parker, you know. When I hear Spider-Man, I hear his voice. That's how well he does as Peter. So I think it can be pretty jarring to hear him talk like that, like he does in the gameplay reveal.

"So, it's about really playing into those themes of addiction, how that can impact someone's personality, impact the people around them, and you're going to see that it's not just how it's impacting Peter on his own, but also those close to him. You're going to see that play out throughout the game."

No more spidey-cop and towers in this game
Marvel's Spider-Man prompted discourse around the game's 'pro-cop' movement. "You know, obviously that wasn't our intent," Intihar says of the discussion it raised. "I think, just going forward, we think about things."

Another talking point was the game's use of Surveillance Towers to unfog its map. "They're not towers in this next game," Intihar adds.

On Brooklyn and Queens being added:

"We've added Queens and Brooklyn this time, so roughly speaking the map size is about two times larger than the previous titles," Intihar said. "Since these two areas are somewhat smaller and residential, I think you'll find them different from Manhattan. We've prepared some unexpected situations we haven't done before, like a battle on the river between two of the cities, so I hope you'll look forward to them."

Last edited: