Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just noticed when Peter comes through like Batman through the roof Miles spidersense does NOT trigger :ohhh:

Well, don’t the spider-sense only activists when there is a threat near? I dont think it would trigger just for peter otherwise

Wouldn’t it be more telling if it did activate?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a fan of the flying thing. Glide, sure. Flying, no. Not for Spider-Man.

It might be asking too much for some kind of heat-vent mechanic on the tops of selected buildings to facilitate extended gliding, like Ezio did :patrice:

In any case, Spidey doesn't fly :ufdup:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

It might be asking too much for some kind of heat-vent mechanic on the tops of selected buildings to facilitate extended gliding, like Ezio did :patrice:

It looks like that’s what those lil orbs are for that were in the sky when miles was going toward the pier. But yea your idea sounds better.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It looks like that’s what those lil orbs are for that were in the sky when miles was going toward the pier. But yea your idea sounds better.

Yeah I wondered about those. They made me think of the rings in the traversal challenges in the Miles Morales game. Not sure what those are supposed to be or how they work in this new iteration.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I just noticed when Peter comes through like Batman through the roof Miles spidersense does NOT trigger :ohhh:
doesn't the spidersense only trigger when they are in imminent danger? how useful would if be if it was always triggered just because someone was nearby?
Thats more motion detection than spider sense. like a ring camera

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I hope it's two intersecting storylines like early Resident Evil.
Switching move sets during a single campaign could break immersion.
Hope they expand DLC content. Think this will be a strong follow up.
Yeah, certain missions. Too much of it would break immersion in my opinion.
I see now why they broke Miles off to another game. I'm thinking from a control and skill building perspective it would be confusing to regularly switch.
Both have their own move sets. Its going to be a big game for sure, I'm glad it looks they're taking their time on it.
Going to love seeing Peter vs. Miles, still wish there were different campaigns though.
Switching between Spider-Men could have been better if there was a time challenge to meet up with the AI, then on the other campaign tell the story from the other perspective.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
doesn't the spidersense only trigger when they are in imminent danger? how useful would if be if it was always triggered just because someone was nearby?
Thats more motion detection than spider sense. like a ring camera

This

Although I remember back in the 90s TV show, when Venom was on Spidey's ass, he wasnt triggering his spider sense then either. So yall both kinda right

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Spider-sense picks up on imminent/incoming danger.

Miles wasn't in danger (from Parker) when Parker arrived in the game scene.

Canon-wise, Parker's spider-sense doesn't pick up on Venom because of the symbiote having been bonded with Parker for so long that it (the symbiote) developed an immunity.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

I probably will never use it unless I absolutely have to. I felt similar about the gadgets in the OG. I almost never used anything besides melee & the web shooters. I did use the web bombs on occasion, though.