Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I’ll give you TLoU2 but I can’t agree with putting this over Ragnarok:hubie:

This is a strong A-Tier game but Ragnarok is S-Tier IMO :manny:

Both games share the same “double down on what works but add more” approach, but I feel like GoW did a better job adding more to the combat.

That being said I’m still fairly early in the game but wouldn’t be surprised if the SpiderMan set pieces towards the end of the game are on the same level of GoW if not better

They both have different pros and cons with their combat.

In the late game for Rag, the close up camera / small FOV made it easy to get flanked, especially in those arenas with verticality or highly mobile enemies.

Meanwhile the late game fights in SM2 get so chaotic that it's hard to see the parry indicator sometimes, which isn't a problem in Rag with how close the camera is to Kratos.

The combat in SM2 has a playbox feel with how they give you so many moves, abilities, gadgets, etc to work with that you have a million options on how to play the game at any time. Meanwhile Rag is more build oriented where you gear Kratos up with how you want to play the game, versus having everything available at once.

Personally, SM2 is just more fun to play even if Rag might have more depth to its combat.

Outside of combat, SM2 is smoking on Rag with the side content. Rag had a cool extra end game area and side bosses, but back tracking the maps were a bytch. SM2 just has way more fun activities to do (not all of them, those flashbacks and missions you play as other people are wack)

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I can’t believe how hard they made this game. I NEVER lost once in any of the newest Spider-Man games and already had a game over during the ship part.

This is fun tho

:mjlol: :mjlol:
They low key upped the difficulty in Miles Morales, but it wasn't that noticeable until later in the game. They came right out of the gate with this game however.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
They low key upped the difficulty in Miles Morales, but it wasn't that noticeable until later in the game. They came right out of the gate with this game however.
It didn’t feel too difficult until the stealth missions. Which I kinda hate.

Yeah the enemies do way more damage, it’s crazy.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yo is there really no day or night cycle? I’ve seen some mission exclusives pop up and wanted to know can I wait to do them later or I gotta do them soon?

It’s the first ones with the club fair and the hospital, I wanted to do all side quests at night.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo is there really no day or night cycle? I’ve seen some mission exclusives pop up and wanted to know can I wait to do them later or I gotta do them soon?

It’s the first ones with the club fair and the hospital, I wanted to do all side quests at night.
It will change depending on which mission you pick

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah Duck.

And she's back out the streets asking Miles if she can bring dudes to the crib.

babyboy-mamagottahavealifetoo.gif

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m right past the part where the Hunters destroy the Emily-May foundation. From the way things are going I’m guessing that Peter becomes Venom? I don’t think the symbiote is going to want to go back to Harry. Looks like Insomniac tried to throw us off with those trailers thinking Venom was a third party. Interesting…:jbhmm: