Marvel’s Kevin Feige Has No Interest In Making R-Rated Superhero Movies

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think we're ever seeing this with the current version of Spidey.
You not only have to let the character age and mature but also break the audiences expectation of what a spider man movie can be. I heard so many anecdotes of parents being upset about Logan because it wasn't a "comic book movie" and taking it out on managers. The Alamo put a sign up informing parents its not a typical comic book flick and they weren't allowing kids in. Consumers have to be reeducated on it to know it's cool for a spider man movie to end with its villain committing suicide

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hell, we saw blood and guts in First Avenger, he threw a muthafukka into a plane propeller.

This obsession some have with films being R rated is fukking juvenile. Hell, most action movies geared just towards adults aren't even R rated anymore. The R Rating has more to do with how graphic the violence is or how much profanity and nudity is prescient.

The Bourne Identity, The Dark Knight, and Taken were all PG-13 and they all had plenty of violence and brutal action.
Yeah at this point when it comes to action I just want to see something new I haven't seen before especially when it comes to shooting guns and car chases. And really that shyt I can only take so much of. What really makes good action for me is great hand to hand combat choreography. Yes, we want it to be as realistic as possible but going over the top with guts hanging out and huge blood splatters does nothing for me.
Jason Bourne catching wreck with the hands is the great action. And really the last two Cap movies have just had that with a label of super powers attached.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
It's awesome man. I really feel like I should cop it since it's on the low right now.
:dwillhuh:
Fam, you make a statement like that and ain't copped it yet?

:mjlol: It's been on the low the last five years. Of course I paid full price on day 1 cuz I just had to have it. :ohlawd: One of my personal favorites.

:ufdup: You officially on the clock...get on that.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You not only have to let the character age and mature but also break the audiences expectation of what a spider man movie can be. I heard so many anecdotes of parents being upset about Logan because it wasn't a "comic book movie" and taking it out on managers. The Alamo put a sign up informing parents its not a typical comic book flick and they weren't allowing kids in. Consumers have to be reeducated on it to know it's cool for a spider man movie to end with its villain committing suicide
:heh:

Like I mentioned earlier, comic book movies tend to be toned down versions of the actual comics. Comic books are still seen as something for kids/teens but the content is more mature than what we see on screen

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Doesn't mean it's not a risk tho. The movie is a bit weird and weird doesn't always work

I figured the family friendly characters and weirdness combined with Star Wars elements would be plenty for it to breakout and be a hit but it could have gone bad.. they made a really good movie outside of the ending which a lot of people didn't like but look past because the rest of it was good

I knew Suicide Squad would be a hit also. As soon as I saw Joker and Harley would be in it, it was a wrap.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I figured the family friendly characters and weirdness combined with Star Wars elements would be plenty for it to breakout and be a hit but it could have gone bad.. they made a really good movie outside of the ending which a lot of people didn't like but look past because the rest of it was good

I knew Suicide Squad would be a hit also. As soon as I saw Joker and Harley would be in it, it was a wrap.

Word. I feel that. And yeah suicide squad was going to be a hit. Joker equals hit. Also harlee. Those elements aside I still think tonally and of course having no known characters is always a risk. They pulled it off.