Marvel's "Jessica Jones" Season Two on Netflix (March 8th Premier)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Been meaning to speak on this since season 2 was announced but i think the biggest obstacle facing Jessica Jones show moving forward is that she really doesn't have much applicable source material to use. Her existence pretty much comes down to like 4 storylines.

1. Kill Grave
2. Being pregnant with Cage's kid (and quitting Alias Investigations)
3. Marrying Cage and raising the kid

Then there were like two minor stories before pregnancy:

4. Stumbles into Captain America's secret identify, and some corrupt politicians/mob folks want it.
5. Stumbles into a drug trafficking ring for mutant growth hormones.

So pretty much my impression going into s2 was that they pretty much were going to be winging it, unless they go with an adjusted version of the grow hormone story, which could make sense given that the one guy who was knocking down Hell Cat was also popping pills of a similar affect.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Season 1 was my favorite of all of the Marvel Netflix. This trailer does look bland, but I'm still in.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It took long enough. Season one was ages ago.
Thing is season 1 was easily the best written marvel show and i attribute that to the script already being written for cbs long before the netflix deal was dry. They've arguably had 3 years to perfect this script for s2 i dont want no drop in quality.

Cuz there will be no excuses

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Been meaning to speak on this since season 2 was announced but i think the biggest obstacle facing Jessica Jones show moving forward is that she really doesn't have much applicable source material to use. Her existence pretty much comes down to like 4 storylines.
lol didnt you just watch punisher? Did that seem comic bookey to you? They can easily wing that shyt, how hard is it to write for a heroine/detective

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
lol didnt you just watch punisher? Did that seem comic bookey to you? They can easily wing that shyt, how hard is it to write for a heroine/detective
Punisher in general ain't comic booky lol, but I'm talking source material specific to JJ, who isn't comic booky either.

Just bc it's their biggest obstacle, doesn't mean it cant be done well, but it does make me curious what type of plotlines they pieced together and if they can keep things engaging.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thing is season 1 was easily the best written marvel show and i attribute that to the script already being written for cbs long before the netflix deal was dry. They've arguably had 3 years to perfect this script for s2 i dont want no drop in quality.

Cuz there will be no excuses
There's no way that the script was finished for network television. It was only "in the works" at that time.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
There's no way that the script was finished for network television. It was only "in the works" at that time.
Notheless from its inception to the time it was greenlit for netflix they had ample time to refine it, which is my point. If s2 happened a year after s1 we would have got a shyt series. Kinda of like the 2nd half of DD when the smashem up shootem up punisher brought(which was really paint over cracks) was over and they got deep into the elektra "story"