Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
imagine spending your whole life trying to find your dad only to find out he's evil and you gotta body him.
the way everyone kept disrespecting rocket tho :mjlol: rat, trashpanda, triangle faced monkey :russ:
baby groot bringing yondu and rocket a toe :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

is yondu's subordinate tom green? :astrodahellmayne:
no thanos cameo:whatmoney:
sly stallone :whatmayne:
ving rhames:whatmayne:
michelle yeoh :whatmayne:
yondu :cryingsalutemayne:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
imagine spending your whole life trying to find your dad only to find out he's evil and you gotta body him.
the way everyone kept disrespecting rocket tho :mjlol: rat, trashpanda, triangle faced monkey :russ:
baby groot bringing yondu and rocket a toe :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

is yondu's subordinate tom green? :astrodahellmayne:
no thanos cameo:whatmoney:
sly stallone :whatmayne:
ving rhames:whatmayne:
michelle yeoh :whatmayne:
yondu :cryingsalutemayne:
Disrespecting Rocket is like the thing to do in the comic books

"DONT CALL ME A RACc00n!!!!!"
:mjlol:

Jards

All Star
Daps
It was cool - not up there with the best Marvel movies in my opinion. First act was like a joke a minute. A lot of shyt had me laughing out loud but there was a lot of humour that didn't hit for me. Was much better from second act onwards when the story really started to take off.

Thanos is one evil motherfukker :picard:

R.I.P Nebula's body parts :mjcry:

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Too early too judge but i kinda liked it the same as the first film (which i probably would give a 7/10)

But...
as someone who felt the first movie's plot and villain were average, i felt the whole plot surrounding ego and the reveal that yondu kept quill from him to protect him was much more interesting than the whole entire first movie. Much more overuse of jokes but drax was deep going at that antenna girl like that the entire film. ''You're beautiful.... ...on the inside''
sabu.png

Not too sure about the rest of the plot and them gold ppl as secondary villains though

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Watched the cam, thought it way better than the first one.

It was surprisingly emotional and dramatic.

James Gunn successfully did what Whedon was trying to do in Avengers 2.

He really should be the one doing The Infinity War movies.

The next one will obviously focus on Rocket and Drax.

They also set-up the villain for the next movie but I hope that character isn't the villain. This one was strong because
the antagonists (Ego, Taserface/Ravagers and Nebula were personal to the characters. So it didn't feel like a "villain of the week" sequel. The Sovereign on the other hand who weren't were unsurprisingly weak.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The more I think about this film I feel worse about it.
The comedy doesn't land most of the time and there is soooo much more of it. It's like joke central.
The dramatic elements are undercut at every turn by the comedy.
The theme is the thinnest version of The grass isn't always greener on the other side/Friendship I can rememeber.
The story, what little story it has, moves nothing forward in the MCU.
Kurt Russell plays Jeff Bridges playing Ego and is super uninteresting.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Just got out from the cinemas.

Movie was a 5/10. and thats not even hating, feel free to pull out my Civil War & Doctor Strange review if you think im being bias.

Cons:

*From that overly long intro, i already knew what the movie was going to focus on
*Halfway through the movie, like i guessed, movie was one big long ass advertisement for Baby Groot toys.
*Plot made no sense, from the rushed ego climax to the High Priestess clan
*They dragged and butchered the Drax sacarsm and one liners, MY GAWWWD, that shyt was unbearable by his 3rd outburts
*That dragged sexual tension with Gomorra and Quill from the first movie needs to be killed ASAP
*You can tell there was a good movie underneath somewhere, but halfway through production, Gunn got a call from marvel saying fukk all that shyt and give us more baby groot, sweater'gawwd one of the scavengers even said ''i can kill him, hes too cute'' :dahell:
*2 out of the 4 post credits were unnecessary as fukk !!
*All those big name stars added NOTHING to the plot, stallone, duncan, lady from crouching tiger :dahell:

Pros:

*shyt was beautiful to look at
*You're not a rac00n, youre a TrashPanda :mjlol:
*I was worried about how they were gonna play about with Planet Ego, and I WAS NOT disappointed, that was beautiful.
*Mantis & Rocket stole the show
*Yondus fight scenes :wow: , that whistle is beautiful
* ADAM-fukkING-WARLOCK !!!!! :wow:

p.s correck me if im wrong, but was that a quick blimp of Thanos when Rocket and co were planet jumping ??

and also, are they implying Stan Lee is Uatu, if so, then :wow:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just got out from the cinemas.

Movie was a 5/10. and thats not even hating, feel free to pull out my Civil War & Doctor Strange review if you think im being bias.

Cons:

*From that overly long intro, i already knew what the movie was going to focus on
*Halfway through the movie, like i guessed, movie was one big long ass advertisement for Baby Groot toys.
*Plot made no sense, from the rushed ego climax to the High Priestess clan
*They dragged and butchered the Drax sacarsm and one liners, MY GAWWWD, that shyt was unbearable by his 3rd outburts
*That dragged sexual tension with Gomorra and Quill from the first movie needs to be killed ASAP
*You can tell there was a good movie underneath somewhere, but halfway through production, Gunn got a call from marvel saying fukk all that shyt and give us more baby groot, sweater'gawwd one of the scavengers even said ''i can kill him, hes too cute'' :dahell:
*2 out of the 4 post credits were unnecessary as fukk !!

Pros:

*shyt was beautiful to look at
*I was worried about how they were gonna play about with Planet Ego, and I WAS NOT disappointed, that was beautiful.
*Mantis & Rocket stole the show
*Yondus fight scenes :wow: , that whistle is beautiful
* ADAM-fukkING-WARLOCK !!!!! :wow:
Can we get a spoiler tag mods?