Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bang Bang Marvel Gang :bustback:

I slept hard on the 1st one since I had the comics back in the days and thought there's no way they'd make for a good movie. I didn't even read any reviews but downloaded an HD copy and watched it. That movie took me back to being a kid watching Back to the Future or Goonies. It was pure fun and entertainment. It's my second favorite Marvel movie after WS. Marvel knows how to give people something exciting without taking themselves to seriously :sas2:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
I'm just curious here, what Movies do you like?

don't get me wrong i fukk with most of the new marvel joints like the first two iron mans and the all three captain americans, the first avengers was piff too. i just didnt like GotG

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
don't get me wrong i fukk with most of the new marvel joints like the first two iron mans and the all three captain americans, the first avengers was piff too. i just didnt like GotG
Fair Enough I guess. It just Boggles my mind, the line of people of that didn't like GOTG is mighty short and I'm just always intrigued to find out why they don't like it. I've watched that Movie almost 3 Times this Winter.:manny:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Fair Enough I guess. It just Boggles my mind, the line of people of that didn't like GOTG is mighty short and I'm just always intrigued to find out why they don't like it. I've watched that Movie almost 3 Times this Winter.:manny:
Its literally one of those movies you can just turn on and become entertained.

Sometimes I watch it on TV waiting for something else then forget what I was trying to watch

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Its literally one of those movies you can just turn on and become entertained.

Sometimes I watch it on TV waiting for something else then forget what I was trying to watch
I respect people's Honest Opinions if I can believe that I think they know what they're talking about in the 1st place but I just loved the movie so much and know others that feel the same way about it that I do, I like to hear all Opinions good or bad about a movie I love.:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Not everyone is going to like everything. That being said I think GOTG is the best marvel movie period. And I'm sure James Gunn and Marvel are going to absolutely knock vol 2. out of the park. Can't wait till May.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Marvel is going to fukk around and make these guys household names by time this movie does it's thing. The fukkin' GotG! :wow:
This is what Marvel has going for them. The universe is familiar so the audience doesn't feel too removed. But they bring new and original characters to the screen, while the rest of Hollywood is going with remake after remake and/or giving the same characters another reinterpretation.

A Dynasty Like No Other.:banderas:
i couldnt have said it any better :wow: these people have really created the perfect machine, they've captured the the hearts and minds of not only this generation but the ones following :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I should go back to the GotG thread and find my post about it being the exact same movie as Thor: The Dark World.:russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I'm not calling it bland, but you can hardly deny this seems to come from the same movie generator Thor 2 was spawned from.

Both villains are scheming to destroy worlds using infinity stones with no other goal in particular.

c7aad6a6fa8fdccd464647ddf9f6a788.jpg

Ronan-the-Accuser-in-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg

The bad guys' henchmen are all clad in black/metallic armor wearing masks that make them a nice faceless/indistinguishable army.

Yondu_set_picture.jpg

3435265-8128532832-movie.jpg

See also The Avengers:

3784799-5702289730-Chita.jpg

Both feature spaceship battles where the bad guy is trying to invade a planet and has to get through a yellow force field. Unfortunately no reference picture from GotG but I'm sure you remember the scene with all the Nova Corps ships interlocking. And from Thor 2:

Thor2_FilmClip_AttackOnAsgard_h264_hd.jpg

And the heroes not only have to deal with the bad guys (Malekith/Ronan) but also a thorn in their side who has a more personal and conflicted rivalry with the hero, sometimes helping him, sometimes betraying him.

jD0IEuc.jpg

Rooker_set_Yondu.jpg

But other than these examples, and the fact that the hero is joined by a merrily band of warriors, the bad guy's spaceship crashes into the ground, both heroes' mothers die and there only being one black man in either universe, they are entirely different movies whatsoever. :sas2: