Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
watching this FINALLY now. noticed that they gave kurt russell the same michael douglas face CGI treatment at the beginning of the film.

if this is possible, why aren't 100 more terminator movies possible with arnold still starring????

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
watching this FINALLY now. noticed that they gave kurt russell the same michael douglas face CGI treatment at the beginning of the film.

if this is possible, why aren't 100 more terminator movies possible with arnold still starring????
Different kinda physicality? :yeshrug:

Ego was sleeping around. Terminator has to do the most, even with the CGI i don't think arnold is built for it anymore. They'd have to put his face on a different actor which wouldn't make sense when they could just find a new face for the T-100

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I love this movie.

The Drax and Mantis dialogue be having me :dead:

When Quill gunned down Ego :demonic:when he told him what he did to his moms :damn:

Yondu sacrifice:mjcry: He stole the show "I'm Mary Poppins Y'all!!"

Baby fukkin Groot...Got the streets rethinking they hat game and shyt. He's so cute :noah:

1. Civil War(Black Panther coming soon tho)
2. Winter Soldier
3. Avengers
4. GOTG
5. Ant-Man
6.GOTG vol.2
7. Doctor Strange
8. Iron Man
9. Homecoming
10. Age Of Ultron: I like it because I don't know anything about Ultron or the shyt leading up to it coming out. I didn't jump in the MCU til Ant-Man came out. I seen IM and Hulk but I didn't even trip off the MCU connections till like 2 years ago :dead: The commercials for the movies use to look so bad and cartoonish to me, I didn't even give the movies a chance.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I love this movie.

The Drax and Mantis dialogue be having me :dead:

When Quill gunned down Ego :demonic:when he told him what he did to his moms :damn:

Yondu sacrifice:mjcry: He stole the show "I'm Mary Poppins Y'all!!"

Baby fukkin Groot...Got the streets rethinking they hat game and shyt. He's so cute :noah:

1. Civil War(Black Panther coming soon tho)
2. Winter Soldier
3. Avengers
4. GOTG
5. Ant-Man
6.GOTG vol.2
7. Doctor Strange
8. Iron Man
9. Homecoming
10. Age Of Ultron: I like it because I don't know anything about Ultron or the shyt leading up to it coming out. I didn't jump in the MCU til Ant-Man came out. I seen IM and Hulk but I didn't even trip off the MCU connections till like 2 years ago :dead: The commercials for the movies use to look so bad and cartoonish to me, I didn't even give the movies a chance.
I like that list.

Not bad. Mine would be

1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Civil War
4. Avengers
5. Homecoming
6. GOTG
7. GOTG 2
8. Ultron
9. Antman
10. Doctor Strange

I tend to rank the funnier movies lower because the humor sometimes feels dated on repeat viewings. Especially the first Avengers movie. I like levity but I don't need everyone in the movie to get a laugh, and I definitely don't need people to break character to make jokes. Like When Thor spends his whole trilogy talking about how he and Loki are brothers and how he wishes he could trust him but suddenly says "he's adopted" in avengers to get a laugh. I prefer the tried and true formula where you have a one or two comic relief characters making most of the humor (like in Iron Man or the Deadpool movie)or select moments of natural levity. Like in winter soldier when Black widow asked Cap if that was his first kiss. Natural humor through logical dialog. As opposed to Thor: Dark World where every single character is making jokes. Darcy , the scientist dude, thor, loki, Natalie Portman. I imagine Guardians will fall down the list as time passes. No logical reason for Drax to be funny. His character isn't even supposed to understand humor plus he's hell bent on murdering Thanos for killing his family. You already get enough humor from Starlord and Rocket. Gamara and Drax can be the straight man.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The humor in Doctor Strange worked the least. There wasn't a single character who was believable as a comedian. Everyone had to break character to make jokes and then slip back into character again without explanation.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Batista "kilt" that shyt:klawlaugh::klawlaugh::klawlaugh::klawlaugh:

Martha

Finally watched last night. First MCU jawn I didnt' see in the theater. :francis:

I liked it better than the first (that cornball dance off REALLY ruined the movie for me).

I liked it. But gotdamn was the whole movie shot on green screen? :skip:

Kinda wish they didn't use Ego as Starlord's father and stuck with his real comic father character, but ehhh.

Solid 4/5 for me.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
^i was cool with ego being his pops. It was more interesting (seeing as how peter dad in the comics is just a regular dude born on another planet) and made him being able to hold the stone in the first one make sense. Plus it made for a pretty good climax and some dope visuals with the regeneration