Marvel's "Agent Carter" Season 2 Thread (5/12/16 Update: cancelled)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Agents of shield works because it's running parallel to the current MCU. Agent Carter didn't. In fact everyone on that show is dead in the current MCU.

I think they got too ambitious with these spinoffs. Even agents of shield has had a negative impact on the MCU because the inhumans movie got put on the back burner. At this point it's like how many seasons do you have left. I highly doubt AOS will make it to the Infinity wars movies.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Haywelk da gawd

That's some weird shyt. Has an actor/actress ever been the lead of two shows on one network at the same time?

Since it's only 10-12 episodes they probably just want to keep her in the ABC family in case they need her for Marvel flashbacks.

At least Big Titty Hayley Atwell bounced back and got a new show out of all this :banderas:

Trailer for Hayley Hatwell's new show just dropped:

Lawyer and former First Daughter Hayes Morrison (Hayley Atwell, “Marvel’s Agent Carter”) is about to accept a job offered from her sexy nemesis, NY District Attorney Wayne Wallis, to avoid jail time for cocaine possession and avoid hurting her mother’s Senate campaign. Working with his team at the new Conviction Integrity Unit will let her use her brilliant mind to turn over cases, where there is credible suspicion of wrongful conviction, and give her a chance to turn things around with her high-powered political family.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Agents of shield works because it's running parallel to the current MCU. Agent Carter didn't. In fact everyone on that show is dead in the current MCU.

I think they got too ambitious with these spinoffs. Even agents of shield has had a negative impact on the MCU because the inhumans movie got put on the back burner. At this point it's like how many seasons do you have left. I highly doubt AOS will make it to the Infinity wars movies.
Inhumans getting pushed back has nothing to do with AoS. It's because they kept adding in stuff as they went along like spiderman ant man and was etc

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Inhumans getting pushed back has nothing to do with AoS. It's because they kept adding in stuff as they went along like spiderman ant man and was etc

The universe has evolved both on the movie side and the TV show side with AOS. And that show has been used as a bridge or filler in between the MCU. They got rid of Hydra all in one foul swoop so the MCU doesn't have to deal with it any longer.

I still think the Inhuman's will be part of the MCU but because of how they introduced them on AOS and the fact that the MCU has more characters (move movie plots), its not something that's a necessity (post Infinity Wars).

For example. If Guardians or Ant Man (or both) flopped, Inhumans would be pushed out sooner. Now that's not needed. And its also why I think they evolved the storyline on the show.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Hayley Atwell would be “very happy” to lead Agent Carter on a new mission — and Marvel TV would be very happy to accommodate her. There’s just one none-too-small factor standing in the way.

Someone needs to first step forward and offer a home for said TV-movie special (as Atwell has suggested) or whatever form the revival might come in.

Explaining the situation to TVLine in the wake of Atwell’s Aug. 4 comments, Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb said that “unlike the movies,” Marvel’s small-screen division cannot simply greenlight a project without first knowing where it will play.

“[Marvel Studios schedulers] get to say, ‘In 2019, were going to bring you Captain Marvel,’ and when it shows up in a movie theater, [no theater owner] is going, ‘Whoa, hold on a second — we didn’t say that that was OK!'”

Instead, “What Marvel Television does every day is it connects with our partners — ABC, FX, Fox, Netflix, Freeform — and they tell us when they would like it. So the short answer is: Sure, if someone wants to call and say, ‘We want a two-hour Agent Carter for May 2017,’ boom. We’ll put together the greatest Agent Carter movie we can.” (For the record, Netflix has dismissed the idea of adding Agent Carter to its slate of Marvel series.)

And again, Loeb hopes to one day deliver a new mission for Peggy, especially since Atwell is demonstrably on board.

“Every person who’s reading this sat in a movie theater and saw Phil Coulson die inThe Avengers, and we’re now about to start our 67th episode, on our way to 100 episodes, of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., none of which would have happened without Phil Coulson and Clark Gregg. I’m incredibly grateful that Hayley has been bold enough to say that she would love to play that part again. So… ‘I hope so’ is the short answer.”