Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I’m a few episodes in for the new season. I dunno, it’s still enjoyable, but the lead is overacting like hell. I know she’s supposed to be over the top, but it’s a little too much this season. I’ll finish the season though, it’s still above average tv, I guess :yeshrug:
When she was at that wedding shyt was terrible..bish couldn't stfu..

You can def see the Gilmore Girls influence in the fast,snappy dialogue though.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I just started the series. I like it. It's throughly entertaining. Love the pacing and dialogue. That camera work is amazing too. Acting is good. Im only 2 eps in.

Lead actress got some t*ts on her too :leon:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i must've missed this thread bc i been on this show since i watched it during amazon pilot season. that wait for s1 felt like forever :wow:...i just thought it wasnt a show that other colibrehs would be in to

im glad Rachel and Alex are getting shine. Rachel was underrated as fukk before this show, she has legit range.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
S2 was amazing, brehs. :wow: I can’t wait for S3. It’s a shame this thread isn’t bigger.

Susie pulling a Bill Alfonso managing two enemies :damn:

Tony Shalhoub KILLED IT as usual :myman:

Midge and Ben were great together :dame:

The camerawork was spectacular. The scenes shot in one take. :ohlawd:

The episode with Declan Howell near the end had me :jbhmm: though. I had to pause the episode to analyze with my fiancée. So, Ben steps out and leaves Midge and Declan alone for 10 minutes... comes back and calls her name 5x with no response... :patrice: and 2 minutes later she emerges from a secret room that she was in with Declan... :wtf: and tells him that he can take any painting he wants and just to leave a check... NO amount specified... :dahell: obviously they didn’t do anything, but imagining this scenario in real life without any questioning from Ben had me cracking up. IRL he’d be like, “What did you do for him to sell one of his paintings to me?” :pachaha:

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

IVE BEEN WATHING THIS SINCE IT CAME OUT.

JUST WATCHED S2 E9...

SHES REALLY IMPRESSIVE.
:devil:
:evil:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Good show. Binged it over the holidays. They still trying to sell the lie that Rachel Brosnahan isn't Jewish though.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Im constantly seeing ads for this on prime so I think I might give this a try, is it really as great as y‘all make it seem ? :ohhh:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Watched both seasons. Show is really dope and really well done.

Tony Shalhoub is great. The girl playing Mrs. Maisel is great also.

The writing for her standups is pretty damn good. She be shyting on the dudes that supposed to represent the top comedians of that time. I'm assuming they are using some of Lenny Bruce's real material.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Got a free trial for Amazon Prime and decided to start watching this. I'm almost done with season 1 and I think this series is great.

Last edited: