Marvel to finally start working on X-Men movie?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Days of Future Piff

I bundled your questions and reply.
In my response to @Eric Brooks
i just could not get.
both your quotes.
to add to the reply.

oh and away we go;

hey joe,...

Sony has ruined spiderman from the minute they disrespected Sam raimi.

That they failed launching a new spiderman.

Then pulled exactly the same s____ Sony does. Which is steal like they did with Nintendo and the Playstation.

Then try to act like they made it hot and on fire. When the shyt is only standing becaise they jux'd the original ip owners with their bull____.
If not for marvel/Disney rebooting

The first two Playstations are GOAT level consoles, but you have a point, lol.
playstation%20controllers-01.png
ps-move-nintendo-wii-comparison.jpg

If we're going to be honest, the real secret to the success of the Playstation brand had a lot more to do with Sony's business moves rather than their skills and talents as game developers themselves. Sony finessed all the best third party developers (Konami, Square, Capcom) away from Nintendo after Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by choosing to stay with the cartridge format instead of CD's.

Spiderman. Spidey would be considered a dwindling drawing ip next to death. In an even worse place than we view marvel.

Disney could ____ up xmen really easy. Especially if they take any xmen content.
after Jim lee was there.

I really see no way to fix marvel.
Plus I see Disney has no idea how to do xmen.

Plus Disney has shown they never learn from failures.
Or ip timelines
or discovery about an ip.
they acquired as well.

So I have no faith.
they will do xmen rwitheeither.
I do not watch trailers.

Plus I do not like message board insider talk.
about the movie before it drops. So I will not be surveying what they do till it drops. Yet if it drops and it has that age of apocalypse or Krakow bull____.
after the terigan mist and the inhumans.
shift from fox owning the xmen ip. Get ready!
to be hugely disappointed with Disney's xmen.

____ we should be able to tell if they can do this mutant ip correct at Disney. By if they ____ up xmen97. As xmen 97 has no real storylines to revisit given the story arc and characters of the animated fox series. Which became unwatchable in the last few seasons. Plus was oftputting as they never told any real storytelling.
that matched or made.
why the xmen were the number one comic. Any marvel ____ after Jim lee left is to be completely avoided.

Art Barr

____ Sony.
Breh.

This is another good point... the Claremont run is the lifeblood of X-men, and they're starting from a position where they can't really do any of his best stories.

Proteus
Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
God Loves Man Kills
Brood Saga
Wolverine #1-4(Frank Miller)
Asgardian Wars
Mutant Massacre
Inferno

The OG series already adapted the Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, Proteus, and Wolverine in Japan.
Disney's never gonna touch God Loves Man Kills or Mutant Massacre... those stories are too raw for the mouse.

Low key, they should have made a brand new cartoon from scratch with a new art style and a fresh take on the characters that incorporates the best elements from the 80s Claremont run, the 90s cartoon, the video games, etc.

Paul Smith (left picture) always had a cool style that would be great for a cartoon series. Same goes for John Romita Jr. (right picture)
uncanny-x-men-by-paul-smith-v0-bqlnkbt5fca91.jpg
tumblr_pdrrd0sIiJ1rra8xoo1_1280.jpg

By making a new series they could have kept the best references and easter eggs for the old-school fans while making the series more of a draw for young people who weren't around for the 80s and 90s and never got to see/read all of those classic stories. Part of keeping a legacy-based franchise alive includes learning to appeal to fans both young and old... but today's writers don't want to do that. They're only catering to their twitter followers, and that's why kids today are checking for Demon Slayer, One Piece, My Hero Academia, and Naruto over modern Marvel.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Age of Apocalypse?

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The first two Playstations are GOAT level consoles, but you have a point, lol.
playstation%20controllers-01.png
ps-move-nintendo-wii-comparison.jpg

If we're going to be honest, the real secret to the success of the Playstation brand had a lot more to do with Sony's business moves rather than their skills and talents as game developers themselves. Sony finessed all the best third party developers (Konami, Square, Capcom) away from Nintendo after Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by choosing to stay with the cartridge format instead of CD's.
[/QUOTE]

this was after they stole the 32 bit ninetendo tho.

Again Sony are thieves.

This is another good point... the Claremont run is the lifeblood of X-men, and they're starting from a position where they can't really do any of his best stories.

Proteus
Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
God Loves Man Kills
Brood Saga
Wolverine #1-4(Frank Miller)
Asgardian Wars
Mutant Massacre
Inferno

The OG series already adapted the Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, Proteus, and Wolverine in Japan.
Disney's never gonna touch God Loves Man Kills or Mutant Massacre... those stories are too raw for the mouse.

Low key, they should have made a brand new cartoon from scratch with a new art style and a fresh take on the characters that incorporates the best elements from the 80s Claremont run, the 90s cartoon, the video games, etc.

Paul Smith (left picture) always had a cool style that would be great for a cartoon series. Same goes for John Romita Jr. (right picture)
uncanny-x-men-by-paul-smith-v0-bqlnkbt5fca91.jpg
tumblr_pdrrd0sIiJ1rra8xoo1_1280.jpg

By making a new series they could have kept the best references and easter eggs for the old-school fans while making the series more of a draw for young people who weren't around for the 80s and 90s and never got to see/read all of those classic stories. Part of keeping a legacy-based franchise alive includes learning to appeal to fans both young and old... but today's writers don't want to do that. They're only catering to their twitter followers, and that's why kids today are checking for Demon Slayer, One Piece, My Hero Academia, and Naruto over modern Marvel.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Age of Apocalypse?

The second pic you posted is that trash nepotism based hack Andy kubert. So anything he did was Supa lazy garbage trash. His run put xmen completely in the doldrums of hell.
I know his garbage.
or his style of xmen trash hack work. That made xmen even more trash.

As far as Paul smith. Not sure if that is his work on a new pinup.
Yet the cockrum style or work similar to Smith. WAs already made Into the best xmen cartoon one ahot from marvel and dic.

It came on once as a kid and I even had the vhs.

Best xmen cartoon easy. Way better than the fox run.
in every possible way, especially art

as the fox art was Mike magnolia heavy black trash too.

As Mike mignola artistic aesthetic does not work on xmen at all.

Age of Apocalypse is complete garbage.

That series is what made it so.
I would never buy another marvel book again ever.
The art was Manga trash.
The character designs were juvenile as fukk.
The storyline was dumb as hell.

The only possible thing worth a damn was nate Grey, the xman
Which they also jagged too.
Plus the art was trash as fukk on that. The Age if apocalypse us what hurt marvel. As the art was not marvel level art and oftputting. Plus the story is elseworld different dimension garbage. The same type of bullshyt made Excalibur go from promising to bullshyt. shyt if not for liefeld taking over new mutants. That else world shyt was gonna be a death knell to mew mutants back then. To then bring that elseworld new dimemsion shyt to the regular x book continuity. Is why marvel does not own themselves any longer.

Art Barr

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Art Barr said:
this was after they stole the 32 bit ninetendo tho.

Again Sony are thieves.

The SNES is still the GOAT game console to this day, IMO.
Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Contra, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Castlevania, the Legend of Zelda, and all the original Mario games >>>

Street fighter 2 with 6 buttons >>>

The second pic you posted is that trash nepotism based hack Andy kubert. So anything he did was Supa lazy garbage trash. His run put xmen completely in the doldrums of hell.
I know his garbage.
or his style of xmen trash hack work. That made xmen even more trash.

Oh snap, I stand corrected on that that second picture, lol. I mistakenly thought that was Romita Jr.
The first pic is a pinup by Paul Smith though. Smith should have stayed on the book longer than he did.

As far as Paul smith. Not sure if that is his work on a new pinup.
Yet the cockrum style or work similar to Smith. WAs already made Into the best xmen cartoon one ahot from marvel and dic.

It came on once as a kid and I even had the vhs.

Best xmen cartoon easy. Way better than the fox run.
in every possible way, especially art

as the fox art was Mike magnolia heavy black trash too.

As Mike mignola artistic aesthetic does not work on xmen at all.

Right, this is what the Konami arcade game was based on. This show really should have been a whole series. Colossus and Nightcrawler are such mainstay characters that it made no sense not to have them in the 90s Fox cartoon lineup.
On top of that, Kitty Pryde (another mainstay character) was never in the 90s show at all.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Just making an investment here, I'll cash in if x-men becomes a trans rights propaganda piece

It’s funny you say that, because I was thinking about making a thread about how they no longer stand for black people and civil rights anymore since it’s all out in the open now.

If they are no longer a allegory then what do they represent?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Yup that shyt isn’t an allegory for the Civil Rights movement anymore. But to be fair it’s easy to flip it. To be an allegory for the alphabet moment. And let’s be real the X-men was always about inclusion. So it is what it is.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:mjlol: Yup that shyt isn’t an allegory for the Civil Rights movement anymore. But to be fair it’s easy to flip it. To be an allegory for the alphabet moment. And let’s be real the X-men was always about inclusion. So it is what it is.

PPL ARENT OUT HERE DOING
shyt TO ALPHABET GROUPS THO.

IF THEY STOP BEING WEIRDOS
AND TRYING TO FORCE THEIR
LIFESTYLE ON EVERYONE
INCLUDING KIDS YOU WOULDN'T
HEAR A WORD ABOUT EM

MAKING SOMEONE
CALL A MAN A WOMAN WOULD
TRANSLATE TO WHAT IN XMEN?
:devil:
:evil:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I’m now hoping they make the X-Men movie about the more popular 80s/90s roster

But use Disney Plus to make a First Class about the OG team and Xavier just finding their footing as a family. Closer in tone to Legion.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The X-Men are one step closer to joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe with their own movie.

Screenwriter Michael Lesslie (“The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes”) is in talks with Marvel Studiosto write the first “X-Men” movie since the mutant superhero franchise was acquired by Disney in its purchase of 21st Century Fox in 2019.