Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snipes is still box office you put some money behind him I’ll bet he will still bring in the numbers

Oscars don’t mean shyt what movie has Ali headline that was box office ...I’ll wait :comeon:

Based on what? You have no numbers to back that up because his film career is practically non existent while Ali is on fire on the big and small screen. Don't need to post his box office numbers because all you need to know is they're greater than zero which is what Snipes is bringing in.

Why would you cast him when he's likely to be in his 60's when these movies wrap up? We know comic book movies are good for a trilogy or so and get rebooted/recast. We've had several Batmans and Spidermans but Wesley is the only one who can play Blade with a 15 year gap since the last movie:comeon:

There was zero chance of bringing him back so why you were expecting different is beyond me. This is business yet you're going off nostalgia and emotion.

Last edited:

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Ali needs to get on that MBJ diet and bulk up for me to see him as a believable blade. Great actor though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cant tell me Wes wouldnt be dope as the Gargoyle!
greygargoyle_nw.png
Grey Gargoyle is like a 10 minute "hero beats up henchman" scene type of character. Like how Batroc the Leaper was used in Winter Soldier.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That same energy isn't brought up when it comes Robert Downey Jr, and Tom Cruise when they are almost the same age as Snipes.
If they stopped making Mission Impossible after the 3rd movie, and then a different regime announced in 2019 that they would be rebooting the franchise, I don't think anyone would've been surprised if they went with a younger actor that could potentially play the role for 10+ years.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
People care for Blade like that? :heh:

And I mean Blade the character, not Wesley's portrayal. Snipes was unfukkwitable in the 90s.

This though? :ld:

Will he be lumped in with the rest of MCU? If so, I lost interest already.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
People care for Blade like that? :heh:

And I mean Blade the character, not Wesley's portrayal. Snipes was unfukkwitable in the 90s.

This though? :ld:

Will he be lumped in with the rest of MCU? If so, I lost interest already.
Blade recently lead the Avengers in the comics.
He got a book with Wolverine now.
He was trying to mack on Misty Knight in (i think) Sam Wilson Captain America.
He been kinda hot in these streets for a lil minute now.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
marvel is getting high pedigree actors for these comicbook films

anybody can be onscreen muscle

they got the best man to handle the character & that's the toughest part