Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yes they spent 150 mil on a movie that cost 140 mil to make.
they movie only had a initial limited release to get it in before the oscars due to rules, but it was released wide on thousands of screens and they aren't doing that without advertising.

My point about Intersteller is that you claimed only Leo could open a movie and get 500 mil, that is clearly not the case. What he didn't isn't super exceptional in the grand scheme seeing that the movie had a lot of hype, was coming from the previous years oscar winner, and etc. Typically DiCaprio doesnt have blockbusters and doesn't drive money. Just a fact.

Now again please educate about the business of movies before you get emotional and start crying about me posting facts.

The Skinny On Film Financing: Investors Pull Back The Curtain | FINalternatives

This is commonly known in the financial sectors of those who invest in films.
I said only leo can open THAT type of movie to those numbers. A period piece to half a billion.

In the era of superhero movies. A scifi movie from an acclaimed director doing big #s isnt surprising these days especially with china eating our movies up

Let's see how well your boy matthew mcaunaughey fairs with Free State of Jones this summer..also a period piece.. :sas1:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I said only leo can open THAT type of movie to those numbers. A period piece to half a billion.

In the era of superhero movies. A scifi movie from an acclaimed director doing big #s isnt surprising these days especially with china eating our movies up

Let's see how well your boy matthew mcaunaughey fairs with Free State of Jones this summer..also a period piece.. :sas:

I don't know if I would call the revanent a period piece, but it was definitely an event film, but I don't attribute its success to him, Just my opinion.
I wouldn't say its a era of super hero movies, I would say its an era of event movies and again just goes to my point about the event or the franchise being more important, not superstars like it used to be when I was growing up.
free State of JOnes probably won't be a big earner, just like Mud, and Dallas Buyers Club aren't big earners.

Saying Leo isn't a superstar isn't a slight, its just he will never in his life be able to carry a movie like Stallone and Arnie did back in the day.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if I would call the revanent a period piece, but it was definitely an event film, but I don't attribute its success to him, Just my opinion.
I wouldn't say its a era of super hero movies, I would say its an era of event movies and again just goes to my point about the event or the franchise being more important, not superstars like it used to be when I was growing up.
free State of JOnes probably won't be a big earner, just like Mud, and Dallas Buyers Club aren't big earners.

Saying Leo isn't a superstar isn't a slight, its just he will never in his life be able to carry a movie like Stallone and Arnie did back in the day.

Oh yea casual moviegoers all bought tickets because of inarritu and lubezki:skip:

Or tom hardy just like they did for locke legend and child 44 :skip:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Oh yea casual moviegoers all bought tickets because of inarritu and lubezki:skip:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

I told you my reason I thought it did well, you can make up whatever reasons you want in your head though. Thats your perogative.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I thought WW was cooler in her little 15 minute cameo than what Widow's shown in all her MCU appearances. The character's just very forgettable. I don't really put her above Scarlet Witch, Gamora, the two Agent Carters, Sif, Wasp...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I thought WW was cooler in her little 15 minute cameo than what Widow's shown in all her MCU appearances. The character's just very forgettable. I don't really put her above Scarlet Witch, Gamora, the two Agent Carters, Sif, Wasp...
Nah..you can't get away with that. She ain't forgettable...I've heard the reactions LIVE in the theater. She matters...lol.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yes they spent 150 mil on a movie that cost 140 mil to make.
they movie only had a initial limited release to get it in before the oscars due to rules, but it was released wide on thousands of screens and they aren't doing that without advertising.

My point about Intersteller is that you claimed only Leo could open a movie and get 500 mil, that is clearly not the case. What he didn't isn't super exceptional in the grand scheme seeing that the movie had a lot of hype, was coming from the previous years oscar winner, and etc. Typically DiCaprio doesnt have blockbusters and doesn't drive money. Just a fact.

Now again please educate about the business of movies before you get emotional and start crying about me posting facts.

The Skinny On Film Financing: Investors Pull Back The Curtain | FINalternatives

This is commonly known in the financial sectors of those who invest in films.

You're taking a quote about a $20 million picture and you just take that as fact for every picture when it simply doesn't work that way, breh. Especially since The Revenant was pretty originally slated to be made for less than 90 million before the long, grueling production that forced the costs up higher.

So how about you show us the actual receipts instead of making wild assumptions based on one financer's experience on a movie that was made on a budget of about 15% of The Revenant's budget.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Alden Ehrenreich Playing Han Solo is Proof That Movie Stardom is Dead

I'd say dicaprio is truly the last star left. Word to the Revenant

The one guy selling movie tickets off of his name alone... without doing oscar bait or working with top tier directors is Denzel Washington. The guy hasn't done a big budget CGI heayy, Hollywood franchise for most of his career. Leo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr, etc are movie stars ... but the rules and/or standards of what a movie star is has changed over the last decade from draw to highest paid. Denzel is the ONLY A-List actor that is pushing blockbuster flicks with his name alone... that's exactly why these studios are pushing young actors to be in movies with him. I beleive Leo pushes audiences to an extent too.. but it's hard to really gauge how much ppl go see movies for him alone because the only thing he's done over the past 10 years are oscar baity movies with GREAT directors like Scorcese. Let's see him put a movie out in the "dump months" and see if he can push those same numbers.

As far as Scarlett Johannson goes... I'm surprised it's taken them this long to give her a Black Widow movie after the success she had with Lucy. Movie pretty much showed her to be a bigger box office draw than her Avengers co-stars.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
DC wasted the best actor for the Punisher by making him crossbones and then wasted crossbones by fukkign killing him off in the opening like he was nothing but cannon fodder.
Frank Grillo showed me in The Purge 2 he was perfect as Castle.

Jon Bernthal did fine breh