Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow solo movie!

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're taking a quote about a $20 million picture and you just take that as fact for every picture when it simply doesn't work that way, breh. Especially since The Revenant was pretty originally slated to be made for less than 90 million before the long, grueling production that forced the costs up higher.

So how about you show us the actual receipts instead of making wild assumptions based on one financer's experience on a movie that was made on a budget of about 15% of The Revenant's budget.

You have problems reading and thats fine, just don't argue with me because you fail to be able to read and comprehend.

Now I told you already P&A is typically equal to the budget of a sub 100 mil movie and showed you proof of that from an investor or how P&A is accounted for and the general rules of the game in budgeting. Not really left to talk about man.

The Revenant had 140 mil spent on it and was a major release, once they had all that money in it they had to advertise it as what they budgeted a event film, and they did.

You show me the actual receipts to verify your point. I've shown actual investor experience and general rules for budgeting filmms in hollywood. Have a good one though.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You have problems reading and thats fine, just don't argue with me because you fail to be able to read and comprehend.

Now I told you already P&A is typically equal to the budget of a sub 100 mil movie and showed you proof of that from an investor or how P&A is accounted for and the general rules of the game in budgeting. Not really left to talk about man.

The Revenant had 140 mil spent on it and was a major release, once they had all that money in it they had to advertise it as what they budgeted a event film, and they did.

You show me the actual receipts to verify your point. I've shown actual investor experience and general rules for budgeting filmms in hollywood. Have a good one though.

How about you show me actual receipts of The Revenant's marketing costing $150 million, instead of making an assumption based on a statement by one single investor who says that it's becoming more typical in Hollywood. Because nowhere in that statement is there any actual proof that in the case of The Revenant, they did spend an equal amount of money on the movie's marketing as they did on actually producing, and since you based your entire narrative of the movie not breaking even on that assumption, there's no actual proof because you don't have the actual numbers.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
How about you show me actual receipts of The Revenant's marketing costing $150 million, instead of making an assumption based on a statement by one single investor who says that it's becoming more typical in Hollywood. Because nowhere in that statement is there any actual proof that in the case of The Revenant, they did spend an equal amount of money on the movie's marketing as they did on actually producing, and since you based your entire narrative of the movie not breaking even on that assumption, there's no actual proof because you don't have the actual numbers.

I can't just like I can't show you receipts of production costs and can only go off released or speculated info released by the company.
If the company releases the info like WB did Harry Potter you can get actual receipts, but until then neither of us have concrete details on the financial underlyings of any movie.

That said, again I'm going off standard knowledge of cost from industry analyst, which is if a movie costs 150 mil its in the tent pole range and their marketing cost will most likely be 150.

When you have anything to actually support your stance though, I'll be right here waiting.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

I can't just like I can't show you receipts of production costs and can only go off released or speculated info released by the company.
If the company releases the info like WB did Harry Potter you can get actual receipts, but until then neither of us have concrete details on the financial underlyings of any movie.

That said, again I'm going off standard knowledge of cost from industry analyst, which is if a movie costs 150 mil its in the tent pole range and their marketing cost will most likely be 150.

When you have anything to actually support your stance though, I'll be right here waiting.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

The Revenant isn't a tentpole movie though and its budget wasn't even supposed to pass $100 million but they ran into a lot of trouble during production, so they sure as hell did not spend 150 million on marketing. That's going off standard logic so without receipts, I guess that ends the debate.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The Revenant isn't a tentpole movie though and its budget wasn't even supposed to pass $100 million but they ran into a lot of trouble during production, so they sure as hell did not spend 150 million on marketing. That's going off standard logic so without receipts, I guess that ends the debate.

If they didn't want the movie to go pass 100 mil, it wouldn't have. They would have kicked the director out and got someone else. They accepted the budgeting going over and altered plans. Teh movie got marketing and advertising just as much as any other blockbuster and again standard hollywood logic is that the movie will get P&A equal to budget, the cap is usually 150 for tentpoles, this movie was 140 mil area. To say it had P&A in the range of 150 is hardly crazy or non educated guessing.

Again though, when you can actually present some info or any info to prove me wrong or knock the contention I'll be waitin.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Is it weird that after seeing Ant-Man then CW I don't trust them to make this movie anymore? I feel like it's going to be full of out of place jokes......maybe they should let Netflix turn it into a show instead.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what a pr move by marvel...just saying it's not a coincidence that they announce this while they're using her in the promotion of CW, but yet she's no where to be seen promoting CW herself...the reason: she's 'busy' with ghost in the shell...lol yea right....she was tired of them fukking with her money by ignoring her character, so she's pulled a power move...it's working so far...i say so far cause yea, they said they're committed to making a BW movie...we gotta see if the movie actually gets made...it could be one of those 'yea, we'll make it, now just isnt the right time'.....5 years later: 'still not the right time for a BW movie, but it was the right time for a scarlet witch, female thor, capt marvel. or female iron man movie'...which will lead to 'we've decided not to do a BW movie..instead we're going to do a netflix show cause we feel her story fits that medium better'...

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mackie Wants Falcon To Fly In A Black Widow Movie
Fri, May 20th, 2016 at 6:25am PST

Film
Brett White, Assistant Editor

Email Print

Over the past few years, many major players in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have come out in favor of a Black Widow solo film. "Captain America: Civil War" directors Joe and Anthony Russo have expressed interest in directing a solo Black Widow film, and actors Clark Gregg and Robert Downey Jr. think it's about time for the spy to go solo. Johansson's brought up the idea of a solo film before, and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently said that Marvel is committed to making it happen. Now you can add one more name to the pro-"Black Widow" list: Anthony Mackie.

The actor, whose Falcon has appeared in three films alongside Black Widow, expressed his support in an interview with HitFix. “If they made a Black Widow movie, it would be more of a spy espionage-type movie, which would be great, to see a female James Bond or something like that.”

Mackie added that he's also up for helping out in any way possible as Falcon. “Well, I think Black Widow needs a little bit of aerial support!” said Mackie. “I would love, in any capacity, to be a part of that. I’ve always been a huge fan of Scarlett’s, and I’ve always, since I met her, just really admired her as a person. So in whatever capacity I would be used -- Falcon would fly for Black Widow.”

You can currently see Black Widow and Falcon on opposing sides in Marvel's "Captain America:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This isn't going to end well at all. So basically they want a scary black guy to play the villain :mjlol::francis::ufdup::snoop:

"Tough, and dangerous black male" Disney:mjpls:Cause he couldn't be cerebral, calculated and dangerous huh?:mjpls:
4BzAvRi_zpsddkeaplc.png