Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
To be fair, there are shows on the CW that are full of blood and carnage that are rated TV 14, mayyyybe it could still work? I mean the most you'll lose is blood parties.:ld:
Yeah, Blade could still portray mature themes with a PG-13 rating and the tone could be very in line with that of a hard R film without including bloodbaths and profane language. It’s doable for sure.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Can't really do justice to bladed and gun combat without an r rating. Hawkeye realistically would be the most popular avenger by far if he was allowed to go full John Wick/Punisher with his arrows. But since he can only shoot robots and faceless monsters he's basically boring.
With Swords its the same, because you can't really stab and dismember unless its a robot or monster. This character is called Blade but like poster above stated he basically butterknife status.
A pg-13 Vampire Hunter movie just doesn’t sit right. We know blade is gully especially when it comes to killing vampires it’s almost sadistic in the comics. Not saying this movie will be wack but expectations are extremely lowered.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Feige is prolly playing the long game...I doubt this will be a one-off and looking for sequels....standalone movie im sure it would be R all day

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
A pg-13 Vampire Hunter movie just doesn’t sit right. We know blade is gully especially when it comes to killing vampires it’s almost sadistic in the comics. Not saying this movie will be wack but expectations are extremely lowered.
Even his origin story is some r18 shyt :huhldup:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i wonder if vampires will even be allowed to bite people. or will do they do it and showing them sucking blood without any actual blood? :hhh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Feige didn’t really even confirm this to be PG-13 anyways. Things could still change.

if Deadpool is going to be rated R still, and the OG Blade was rated R, I don't see the logic here lol. Unless you want to do a Blade X Dr Strange cross over horror flick and make it PG12

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The problem is-- they're not thinking about those of us that grew up with the character. They want to make sure these white people bring their kids and buy merchandise. That can't happen if their parents won't let the see the movie. Not saying I like it, but I'm seeing the business decision being made.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
if Deadpool is going to be rated R still, and the OG Blade was rated R, I don't see the logic here lol. Unless you want to do a Blade X Dr Strange cross over horror flick and make it PG12
Well Deadpool is on its third iteration and is an established money maker at this point. Blade is on its first. There’s a risk involved here.