Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dracula, his dad, you can make a council full of Dracula's children.

Who's vampire X?
Basically Blade's version of Killmonger. He is also a Vampire Hunter, trained Blade, but was turned and is evil now.
MCU probably would use him because they often do the doppleganger trope with their badguys,
ironman, warmonger
Cap, Redskull
Thor, Loki
Hulk, Abomination
Antman, Yellow Jacket
Black Panther, Killmonger etc

In sequels they should diversfy and maybe have him go up against other demonic forces. Like maybe team up with ghost rider and take on Mephisto or something

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
IIRC blackheart is a Dr. Strange villain and Morbius is a Spider-Man villain (also I think Sony owns him)

They are. It's been some time but I always affiliated Blade with Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider, so some of their more minion-level rogues could work in his stories.

And Morbius does look hot, just not really sure what inspired them to make a movie on a D-list character.

Blade if done right could be the cornerstone of the Marvel TV shows, because in my mind it could rely more on practical effects, storytelling and character development because of the obvious lower budget that would be allotted.

Speaking of Doppelgangers...Doppelganger could work on the show.

Only downside would be is, I can't see Mahershala doing another TV show. Dude is basically an A-lister now. While he could pull it off, he was never my first choice for Blade anyway.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If Deadline or Variety isn't on it
4bzavri_zpsddkeaplc-png.379139

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I don't think this is gonna be a show, but if it was - I wouldn't actually be mad at it. What they've done with The Mandalorian proves they know how to do TV.

Disney have established that the D+ shows are part of the MCU going forward too. Wandavision leads directly to the Dr. Strange movie and Kang is rumored to show up in the Loki show, so it's not like it would be getting the Agents Of Shield treatment.

As for Mahershala's age, people wanted Wesley to come back for the role and he's nearly 60.:manny:

We just saw Mark Hamill made to look 30+ years younger, and while the tech wasn't as seamless at it could have been, it's only going to improve. It's not like they wouldn't have a stand in for the stunt scenes either

Last edited: