Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
why do you think they took a chance on black panther? do u think they thought it wouldnt be popular or was they always gonna phase tchalla out quickly for his sister no matter what?
Look at how he was introduced and then look at his premiere movie
His whole personality was flipped
I still fukk with the first one but it does have its flaws
Marvel never really believed in it but the reception made them
Unfortunately a great actor died and it gave them a way out to continue with what they are doing
In no world should a caliber actor like Ali be disrespected like he has
Marvel don’t give a shyt
Look at how they did Kang in Ant-Man :Kd:

Last edited:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Yea I think Icon should've never been created. It's a bad look

Honestly the most underrated Black Character on the DC roster is Bloodwynd. He's the one that should be getting pushed

225622330_orig.jpg

I am partial to Amazing Man: striking, timeless costume with a unusual color scheme. Cool power set with tons of applications (not another black dude who is street level and/or electrical. A backstory that is rooted in Afro-American history and experiences. Potential generational storytelling (grandfather to son to grandson).

DC is dead asleep when it comes to this character, he is loaded with potential and waiting for the right creator to give him a modern day retool run. He could be DC's premiere black superhero that isn't some sort of legacy character stuck in someone else's shadow (Jon Stewart and Steel) or is too underwhelming for the main event/A-list (Cyborg and Vixen).

amazin59.jpg

amazin10.jpg

amazin11.jpg

3dOLTlc_2EvvVIcyOVfxn8raagvm394nmlWPKe_2aT7TuEeq7kRdU8Ed6wF28IYQYfLjtSlsHO6V=s1600

1740897-judgmentday2.jpg

fukk Geoff Jons :pacspit:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yea I think Icon should've never been created. It's a bad look

Honestly the most underrated Black Character on the DC roster is Bloodwynd. He's the one that should be getting pushed

225622330_orig.jpg
The character never recovered from being revealed to be Martian Manhunter in disguise, then DC was like aight here's the real one y'all...:troll:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yes they were always going to phase out T'Challa.

That's why they gave Shurri T'Challa's comic intelligence (being one of the smartest). Shurri is actually closer to the T'Challa of the comics than Chad's T'Challa was.

If Chad didn't pass, Black Panther 2 would have been about T'Challa reconciling with his young son and needing to make up lost time, with Shuri also becoming a Black Panther.

Now you only give superhero characters a young child in a sequel movie to PHASE THEM OUT.

I told y'all that T'Challa in Black Panther was :trash: and a damn supporting character.

Think about it. How the fukk do people come out of an entry Black Panther movie with the discussion being about Killmonger and NOT T'Challa? :mjtf:

T'Challa should have been presented as the most dominant person intellectually, economically and physically in the room AT ALL TIMES. If they did that we would have got a recast. Instead he was made to be NOTHING without the suit, LACKED his intelligence and strategy mindset and had to be told what to do

It's why Blade was so good, Blade WAS THE MAN, the ACTION HERO and the movie was PROUD to have it that way.

"some motherfukkers are always trying to ice-skate uphill"

BP 1 was mid as fukk and some cosplay shyt for nikkas who found out they was black when they got to college lol

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to be that guy but can we just lock this thread? Seriously. There is no more here now than there was HALF A DECADE AGO!

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
why do you think they took a chance on black panther? do u think they thought it wouldnt be popular or was they always gonna phase tchalla out quickly for his sister no matter what?

They'll say otherwise now but Marvel execs had no faith in that first movie. Just like with blade they dragged their feet making it.

Before finally deciding to put it as the stopgap before Infinity War. Then get shocked at how big it hit. It's why T'Challa got first entrance at the end of Endgame. Wakanda proved immensely popular and they threw it all away with that second movie.

Any other white character would have gotten recast with the quickness, how did Marvel feel strongly that T'Challa could be laid to rest and the movie series could move on without him? Which has proven to be not true. Who still talks about Wakanda Forever?

The fact they still keep trying to work in Blades Daughter and other women into this movie tells me all I need to know about Marvel's priorities.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Blade is once again in search of new talent behind the camera. Filmmaker Yann Demange has exited the long-gestating project, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The parting is described as amicable and happened some time ago. It’s the latest in a number of creative challenges for the project, which Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige announced to fanfare at San Diego Comic-Con in 2019 when he surprised the crowd by bringing out star Mahershala Ali.