Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I just want to say everyone wanting Wesley to play blade again need to remember that Marharshala is the one that wanted this project in the first place
he wanted to be blade you gotta ask him:hubie:
I still think he'll get a cameo of some sort

They owe it to Wes, there is no MCU or even grounded comic films without him...

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I want Wesley added into things as well but he burnt bridges in Blade 3 (he was a major a$$hole to Goyer and the production crew), you see how these movie houses act.

I agree he can still do the work but just isn't going to be given a chance unless someone can vouch for him with the MCU..

He had every right to be pissed. He built a successful franchise and got Beale and Reynolds shoved down his throat.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I've already read your goofy ass posts 🤡

And like a typical 🤡 you said a whole bunch of NOTHING :mjlol:
Better nothing that some retarded ass shyt.

"WhY IsNt'S BlAdE FrOM 30 YeaRs AgO iN ThIS?

IIj9uQh.jpg

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I want Wesley added into things as well but he burnt bridges in Blade 3 (he was a major a$$hole to Goyer and the production crew), you see how these movie houses act.

I agree he can still do the work but just isn't going to be given a chance unless someone can vouch for him with the MCU..
Some of Snipes's issues was he was an executive producer for the film, but they didn't honor that with Blade Tragedy.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way T’Challa was positioned in both Inifinity War and Endgame was a direct hint that he was meant to have a big role in the future of the MCU. It was setup for T’Challa, Captain Marvel, Scott Lang, and Sam Wilson to lead the new Avengers and once again, Shuri had no leadership nor standout moments in those films.
And What If was clearly setting up to be a central figure along with Spider Man for the next phase.
Also there were more reliable reports that Letia Wright never took the role of Shuri with any inclining that she would be Black Panther and struggled with the decision to make her so. Also given Ryan Coogler’s stated original plans for Wakanda Forever, T’Challa was going to be around and be King for years to come. He was even going to have a son, who would naturally be the next in line (not Shuri)
The original script for the BP sequel was going to be T'Challa and his his son on some adventure shyt. There was nothing to indicate that Shuri was going to take over the mantle soon.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Some of Snipes's issues was he was an executive producer for the film, but they didn't honor that with Blade Tragedy.

He was still being a petulant a$$hole though and I say this as a huge Snipes fan.

They had to CGI his eyes in the autopsy scene because he refused to open them for Goyer....

Can't burn bridges like that....take the L and get the comeback in Blade 4...

He definitely could have been the Hugh Jackman of Marvel if he didn't burn bridges...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was still being a petulant a$$hole though and I say this as a huge Snipes fan.

They had to CGI his eyes in the autopsy scene because he refused to open them for Goyer....

He definitely could have been the Hugh Jackman of Marvel if he didn't burn bridges...
there was no blade 4, he was being phased out

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Remember, the first movie would have only happened with Snipes being attached to it at the time. His star power made the film and got people to see the first movie. There were things Wesley wouldn't do in the first two movies either, which wasn't a problem since those movies became successful; you didn't hear about all that. For example, in Blade 1, Blade was supposed to cry when he saw his mother, and in Blade 2, Blade was supposed to destroy the reaper embryos. Snipes said that's something Blade would not do. I see people giving Goyer way too much credit but trying to downplay Snipes's contributions.

As an executive producer, he had worked on the previous films and had the script's approval. Blade Tragedy, he didn't have that, and Goyer and Reynolds would change the script on the fly to try to make things more funny to appeal to the MTV crowd at the time. Goyer and New Line chose to go in that direction, but when 3rd movie didn't do well, they tried to blame Snipes for it. Blade Tragedy had the biggest budget due to the success/strength of the first two films, but it looked like a TV movie for the most part.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

And Wesley didn't even do anything wrong. He just saw that those Hollyweird cacs were trying to take the franchise he built away and hand it to those two cacs who can't act. And he responded accordingly.

But cacs framed it as "he wasn't an easy going chump that let us sideline him in his own franchise so he's the problem." :mjpls:

Last edited: