Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Its over,this about to end up like that Channing Tatum Gambit movie:francis:

Cant say Im too upset,I have a bad feeling anyway. I thought there was supposed to be a Blade t.v show with Wesley and some young female protege? Give us Blade in some capacity,its been too long:blessed:
There was a show, with another actor, many years ago, it was cancelled,

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The MCU is really going down in flames smh

Only silver lining is folks are voting with their wallets and Iger is now acknowledging things need to change.

If he can be taken at his word, the days of Love & Thunder are over.

Not some random tweet or rumor, the HNIC is telling the team to fix their shyt.

They ignored it until the money stopped coming in.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a show, with another actor, many years ago, it was cancelled,

Nah not that sticky Fingaz Blade:scust:

I thought there was talks about a show starring Blade,with a young female slayer who was either his daughter or just a protege who was also a DayWalker?

Edit-Nevermind,just looked it up. I was wrong,there was no talks of a t.v show. I guess it was just rumors about the new Blade reboot movie. Before Mashara Ali was cast

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I get why y'all want this. Wesley Blade was awesome back in the day and with all we have to work with these days, this could be a whole other thing. I get it.

But why are y'all pushing so hard for this to be a main line MCU project? Ali is a great actor from what I can tell, but Blade? Why Ali for Blade and where would he fit in the MCU? Blade isn't a super hero. He doesn't run around kicking aliens and robots. He faces supernatural threats. At no point is the MCU on the big screen going the supernatural route. Blade is just all wrong in every way.

Why did no one push for Ali to play a character that better gelled with the main section of the MCU? Why didn't anyone push for him to play Blue Marvel? He's not exactly young but you could still get 2 movies out of it and he's a super hero type that can go toe to toe with the likes of Capt. Marvel, Sentry, Thanos, Doom etc. Blue Marvel checks so many more boxes than Blade does. Especially in the world we live in.

All that said, this was doomed from the start. I don't mind this falling through since it seems like no one was really trying in the first place.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I get why y'all want this. Wesley Blade was awesome back in the day and with all we have to work with these days, this could be a whole other thing. I get it.

But why are y'all pushing so hard for this to be a main line MCU project? Ali is a great actor from what I can tell, but Blade? Why Ali for Blade and where would he fit in the MCU? Blade isn't a super hero. He doesn't run around kicking aliens and robots. He faces supernatural threats. At no point is the MCU on the big screen going the supernatural route. Blade is just all wrong in every way.

Why did no one push for Ali to play a character that better gelled with the main section of the MCU? Why didn't anyone push for him to play Blue Marvel? He's not exactly young but you could still get 2 movies out of it and he's a super hero type that can go toe to toe with the likes of Capt. Marvel, Sentry, Thanos, Doom etc. Blue Marvel checks so many more boxes than Blade does. Especially in the world we live in.

All that said, this was doomed from the start. I don't mind this falling through since it seems like no one was really trying in the first place.

The seeds for the supernatural were planted in Werewolf By Night but Marvel is so down the kiddy shytter now they give a gem like that and then trash like Moon Knight. A Blade cameo in WWBN was a damn layup.

They don't know what to do with this segment of their characters

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Holy shyt I actually read that article and it says... absolutely nothing, what an awful fukking site.

There hasn't been one shred of good news about this movie in 4 years since Ali basically begged Feige to take the role. Every single article has shown delays, 🗑️ script, rewrites, fired directors or frustration from the lead actor.

There's been no other major castings that have been announced or convention visits from Ali hyping up his role, or soft leads into this universe outside of a half-assed attempt in shytty "Eternals"where we had to Google who was talking. Or a quick vampire message in Loki.

Name one other major movie in the MCU where filming was coming and ZERO buzz surrounded it. Not even an Empire Cover or Entertainment Weekly on some "coming soon" shyt. Ali ain't even doing interviews on this cause he knows this bad boy is shyt. Not even some Instagram or Twitter videos showing him training- boxing, swords, karate, krav, BJJ or at the gun range.

Fukking Deadpool 3 got the world to stop when it got announced.

Not a single current plot line has made even a feeble attempt to explore this realm to give a soft landing into this world or its storyline.

I don't care who quotes me or shyts on my opinion. The 1st movie in 98 was a classic, 2nd was dope as fukk and the less said about the 3rd and TV series the better.

The character and its treatment deserve much much better.

Last edited:

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
If Blade isn't Rated R, then I'm not fukking with it. I don't care if Blade ever involves himself with the other heroes of the MCU. Just give me some dark Vampire piff FFS. It can't be that fukking hard. You can have Blade be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe without him ever interacting with the other characters. Just focus that shyt on Blades lore and treat it as such.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
M.A. is going to pull out and Iger will kill it just like he did with Fiege's SW movie last week.
Blade has only been alluded to in The Eternals and we ain't seeing them any time soon if ever again.
They might retool it and make it a D+ series with a younger actor or actress.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You can't do Blade without Wesley.

There's just no way this movie can be a success.

Blade transcended racial lines.

EVEN CACS want the character and movie done JUSTICE and are confused as to why Wesley is not being brought back.

HALF ASSED BULLJIVE like the average Marvel movie aint gonna cut it.

They need to either write Wesley IN or scrap the damn movie

maxresdefault.jpg

Keanu Reeves is ONLY two years younger than Wesley but Wesley can't be brought back? :comeon:

They can port in Hugh Jackman for Deadpool, port in professor X for Doctor Strange, port in Tobey Maguire for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man movie but with Wesley it’s a million and one excuses as to why it can’t happen :pachaha: