Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Didn't they greenlight it only because Ali wanted to do it? If true, I can see why it wouldn't have a high priority because it was shoehorned into the schedule. They have way too many films and TV shows to juggle at once. Things are starting to suffer.

shoehorn Blade... don't recast BP... yep :smh:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

That's your best shot at an MCU role Trevante Rhodes. Lucas Bishop. Let us put this ridiculous Blade nonsense to bed.

It's not far fetched at all to think Ali may say "fukk it" and walk or Marvel decides to put this bad boy completely on ice for a year or two and recast. My man likely turned roles down and cleared his schedule for this chaos. Perfect time for this movie was between last summer and this Halloween.

And we knew filming this October/November was B.S. Not one clue or link dropped saying another cast member, villain or plot was there. Hell we knew Cox was in Spider-Man 3 for a whole year in advance.. Ditto with Majors as Kang. Blade has been straight crickets since SUMMER OF 2019!!!

You think the negelct is bad now.... wait until they're in full-blown X-men/FF mode. That's not even including Silver Surfer, Galactus or Doom. Shyts gonna be Nick Fury Hasselhoff status.

This shyt needs a total exorcism.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Snipes actually looked like Blade though, so that can be forgiven.

Rhodes doesn't look like Blade. At all.

He'd actually make a dope Beast if I wanted to get daring.

Snipes looked Iike this man?

02c.jpg

MV5BNjIyODI2Njk5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjU3Njg0MjE@._V1_.jpg

Ali is like 47 and at the pace of this flick and its release date will be damn near 50. That means he's got like 2-3 flicks tops not to mention I haven't heard he's a skilled marital artist. When Blade dropped Wesley was like 33-35. Which tells you they're gonna wash their hands with Blade.

Rhodes is younger and (pause) more built. It's not like you need to win a damn oscar in acting to play Blade.

Last edited:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.

02c.jpg

Ali is like 47 and at the pace of this flick and its release date will be damn near 50. That means he's got like 2-3 flicks tops not to mention I haven't heard he's a skilled marital artist. When Blade dropped Wesley was like 33-35. Which tells you they're gonna wash their hands with Blade.

Rhodes is younger and (pause) more built. It's not like you need to win a damn oscar in acting to play Blade.
:mjlol:@ Bad faith arguments about how Blade looks.

I'm done here. I never advocated for keeping Ali in the role, it's his call entirely. I'm just saying if he dropped out, Rhodes is not the right guy to replace him.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:@ Bad faith arguments about how Blade looks.

I'm done here. I never advocated for keeping Ali in the role, it's his call entirely. I'm just saying if he dropped out, Rhodes is not the right guy to replace him.

A Black, decent actor who looks like he can competently handle action scenes and looks like he's lifted a weight and took fight scenes seriously.

Who do you have in mind if it wasn't Ali?

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Snipes actually looked like Blade though, so that can be forgiven.

Rhodes doesn't look like Blade. At all.

He'd actually make a dope Beast if I wanted to get daring.
Huh lol?

After Wesley played Blade almost every version of Blade was modeled after him lol

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Scrap it and make it a TV series at this point. That there were no other major casting announcements a month before filming says this film has been on the back burner for Disney for quite sometime. Cox and Majors were confirmed long before their appareances (or strongly hinted to) and there was buzz, rumors and Disney clearly gave a fukk. Blade has been totally neglected. By the time this drops no one will give a shyt- they'll be waiting on X-men, FF, Galactus, Silver Surfer etc. The perfect time was BEFORE those were gonna dominate the screen. Not sandwiched between.

How a script needs to be done from scratch with a movie that's been greenlit since 2019 is a total joke.

Ali will be damn near 50 when this joint drops.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Blade should be one of Marvel’s A list characters and a priority. It’s a damn shame
Why would he ever be an A-List character? He's a niche character from get-go. They've also tried pushing him in the comics - putting him on hella teams...just as many as Wolverine, and he's been an Avenger for like 3 years now.

02c.jpg

At the time of the movie, Wesley looked enough like Blade - square-face, high-top fade, sword-wielding. Hell, you could say that his 90s redesigned was to mimic Wesley who was near the top of the game charismatic kick-a$$ action star wise. The only thing the movie really added to the 616 version was the hair designs and/or head tats