Marvel should not do Secret Wars

Daps
Reppin
NULL
James Gunn has DC who, while pulling from the same bag of tricks, will at least make things interesting

This is another good point. Marvel lost a lot of their best creative talent.

James Gunn jumped ship for DC.
The Russos are gone.
RDJ is gone.
Chris Evans is gone.
Joss Whedon got cancelled.
Stan Lee is with Uncle Ben now.
Kevin Feige is on autopilot.

You’ve got too many corporate suits and Rick and Morty writers running the show, and it just doesn’t hit the same.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This is another good point. Marvel lost a lot of their best creative talent.

James Gunn jumped ship for DC.
The Russos are gone.
RDJ is gone.
Chris Evans is gone.
Joss Whedon got cancelled.
Stan Lee is with Uncle Ben now.
Kevin Feige is on autopilot.

You’ve got too many corporate suits and Rick and Morty writers running the show, and it just doesn’t hit the same.
First iron man was made by the same director who did rocket man

I did not know that

That, and and the first Captain America definitely hit different

They were real movies

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Been saying MCU has lost their luster. Their assimilation into Disney is complete and this has always been my problem with Disney owning Marvel. There is a significant distinction in how both entities like to tell their stories, and what works for Disney does not work for Marvel.

Hoping once they reboot they slow things down. There's too many characters we don't care about and it's lacking continuity. I mean, choose one or the other continuity or not. You got Celestials just showing up, and then no one ever speaks on it again. Haven't seen the recent Loki episodes yet, but Kang is seemingly insignificant as a threat. I love Majors portrayal, but it's very Doom-esque to me. Curious how they will distinguish the two.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Agreed, they still have too much shyt to set up and revive interest in.

There's no (New) Avengers, no FF nor X-Men yet. Secret Wars is a money making machine if done right and rushing it right now is just a waste of an opportunity.

And yes, they need to establish Doom like they did Loki and Thanos for 4-5 years before Secret Wars can really click and make everyone go to the theater to see it.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: For all y’all saying such and such characters are dead. They’re going to be back in secret wars. Same character just from a different universe. Movie probably still going to be garbage. Just from who’s writing it lol.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
No, they should do Secret Wars, they just need to do it right and that requires something they haven't even hinted at doing.

Prioritizing Doom. I undestand all the mourning of the OG's the same way I undertand that they'd eventually wear out their welcome and people would be complaining about them from an entirely different angle. Pay them service and do what needs to be done, center Dr. Doom the same way you would a hero.

Unless they give Doom the "Ironman" central type story arch as an anti-villian DICTATOR, they're pouring jelly on themselves. He's the Fidel Castro of the Marvel universe.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
No, they should do Secret Wars, they just need to do it right and that requires something they haven't even hinted at doing.

Prioritiing Doom. I undestand all the mourning of the OG's the same way I undertand that they'd eventually wear out their welcome and people would be complaining about them from an entirely different angle. Pay them service and do what needs to be done, center Dr. Doom the same way you would a hero.

Unless they give Doom the "Ironman" central type story arch as an anti-villian DICTATOR, they're pouring jelly on themselves. He's the Fidel Castro of the Marvel universe.
They don't have enough solid character stories from this phase to think to even do it

Captain America, Kate Bishop, She Hulk and Shang-Chi can't hold it down

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Steve Rogers is retired.
Iron Man and Black Widow are dead.
Black Panther is dead. (Should’ve recast him)
Hawkeye is gravely injured.
Disney buckbroke Thor and made the Hulk soft.
They’re getting ready to make Daredevil soft (if their treatment of Kingpin in Hawkeye is any indication).
Dr. Strange is a side character in his own movies.
They made She-hulk preachy and boring.
Shang Chi is MIA.
The Avengers broke up.
The Guardians broke up.
They’re taking way too long with the Fantastic Four, Doom, Silver Surfer, Blade, and X-men.
Nobody cares about the Inhumans or Eternals.
Spider-man is partially owned by Sony.
They jobbed out Reed Richards. (The one character who could have explained everything and helped this storyline make sense.)

So tell me, what is Marvel’s main attraction again?

Disney will happily attempt to nerf all the tentpole characters or teams people actually want in order to push Ironheart/Kamala Jones/Kate Bishop/Sam Alexander/Miles Morales to the forefront. They've been telegraphing that move for a long while in the comics, the cinematic side won't be far behind.

And there's supposed to be a Thunderbolts pivot in there somewhere.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Secret Wars and the multiverse story are just a gimmick to get actors from the past/old franchises outside of the mcu back.

Why would it lead to a reboot?

More likely to just be like No Way Home just on a bigger scale which was successful.