Marvel President Says Fans Want Black Panther And Captain Marvel

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think you underestimate her popularity then, since outside of Iron Fist none of those characters have managed to sustain a solo book for more than six issues in recent times, unlike Ms Marvel. Besides, if Marvel want to get into female superhero movies, Ms. Marvel is the first obvious pick. The other would be Black Widow, but that one has more to do with ScarJo having just proven herself to be a bankable action lead with Lucy rather than the popularity of the character.
I believe that the publishing of ms. Marvel has a lot more to do with pushing avengers more than her popularity. Her biggest contribution to comics is getting daughtered out by rouge and mystique. She doesnt have memorable stories or history

Ms. Marvel is a huge reach to carry a feature film. For female leads that they have the rights to, a black widow spy movie is better

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ever since the Marvel Cinematic Universe kicked off, and proved to be successful, fans have been clamoring to see some of their other favorite heroes make the transition to the big screen. Two of the most requested characters to add to the canon are Black Panther and Captain Marvel (who we lobbied for just last week along with 10 other female characters), and it would seem the fan demand for these characters might be having Marvel reconsider a few things.

Speaking with IGN, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was asked about bringing those two characters to the big screen. He said:

"They're both characters that we like, that development work has been done, it's continuing to be done on, and certainly it's the question I get asked more than anything else, more than Iron Man 4, more than Avengers 3. That's sort of the first time that's really happened to us, so I think that makes a difference. I think that's something we have to pay attention to... I've always said we have our plan, and it's served us very well, and there hasn't been anything that has managed to deviate or change from that based on an opinion, because opinions online change and they alter, and they are based on limited information they have to what's going on behind the scenes, but in this particular case I think it is a groundswell, and I think it means something substantial."

Marvel Studios currently has eleven more films set for release between now and 2019, eight of which don't have titles. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Black Panther and Captain Marvel could be one of those films, but we can't know for sure until the studio makes it official. In the meantime, keep asking and perhaps ye shall receive.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122035

Heard this all before he's never going to flat out say no he'll just take a roundabout way to say not right now. Kind of sick of all these' black panther' is being considered rumors. If it's not in preproduction I don't want to hear it

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Feels like this was ages ago:whew:

Martha

tenor.gif

For flooding the film room with the MCU greatness. The legacy will always remain.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
tenor.gif

For flooding the film room with the MCU greatness. The legacy will always remain.

Oh this wasn’t a flood..... this was a puddle:frank2:

But the legacy will remain like you said:cottonmouthking:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I believe that the publishing of ms. Marvel has a lot more to do with pushing avengers more than her popularity. Her biggest contribution to comics is getting daughtered out by rouge and mystique. She doesnt have memorable stories or history

Ms. Marvel is a huge reach to carry a feature film. For female leads that they have the rights to, a black widow spy movie is better

Hmm. . . the bolded is interesting. If true what is the plan? Take another famous powerful Marvel female character with an interesting story arc and make it your own? :sas2: