Marvel President Says Fans Want Black Panther And Captain Marvel

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since the Marvel Cinematic Universe kicked off, and proved to be successful, fans have been clamoring to see some of their other favorite heroes make the transition to the big screen. Two of the most requested characters to add to the canon are Black Panther and Captain Marvel (who we lobbied for just last week along with 10 other female characters), and it would seem the fan demand for these characters might be having Marvel reconsider a few things.

Speaking with IGN, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was asked about bringing those two characters to the big screen. He said:

"They're both characters that we like, that development work has been done, it's continuing to be done on, and certainly it's the question I get asked more than anything else, more than Iron Man 4, more than Avengers 3. That's sort of the first time that's really happened to us, so I think that makes a difference. I think that's something we have to pay attention to... I've always said we have our plan, and it's served us very well, and there hasn't been anything that has managed to deviate or change from that based on an opinion, because opinions online change and they alter, and they are based on limited information they have to what's going on behind the scenes, but in this particular case I think it is a groundswell, and I think it means something substantial."

Marvel Studios currently has eleven more films set for release between now and 2019, eight of which don't have titles. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Black Panther and Captain Marvel could be one of those films, but we can't know for sure until the studio makes it official. In the meantime, keep asking and perhaps ye shall receive.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122035

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Captain Marvel

UHH

I think you got the message wrong breh

shazam-o.gif

nobody gives a flying eff about MARVEL captain Mar-Vell :Camby:

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's confirmed whose getting their movie too bad blank panther, maybe next time.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
They're not referring to Mar-Vell, they're referring to Carol, who got upgraded from Ms. to Captain Marvel last year. And yes, I want that movie!
truly can't imagine that

Ms. Marvel is somewhere between Antman and Dr. Voodoo in terms of who people care about.. Both are BELOW ironfist and powerman and even vision.

She is yet another charactor Bendis and post Avengers dissasembled Marvel comics have tried to force down our necks...

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
***waits for Kevin Feige to flip out about being asked about the Panther movie for the hundredth time***

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They aren't talking about Genis father. .they are talking about the former Ms Marvel, Carol Danvers, who Rogue stole from all those years ago.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
truly can't imagine that

Ms. Marvel is somewhere between Antman and Dr. Voodoo in terms of who people care about.. Both are BELOW ironfist and powerman and even vision.

She is yet another charactor Bendis and post Avengers dissasembled Marvel comics have tried to force down our necks...

I think you underestimate her popularity then, since outside of Iron Fist none of those characters have managed to sustain a solo book for more than six issues in recent times, unlike Ms Marvel. Besides, if Marvel want to get into female superhero movies, Ms. Marvel is the first obvious pick. The other would be Black Widow, but that one has more to do with ScarJo having just proven herself to be a bankable action lead with Lucy rather than the popularity of the character.