Marvel MCU Phase 4: Official Thread

Daps
No the X-men do not need their own universe and the reason they aren't received like the Avengers is because X-men is based on the dynamics of racism, which is where you get the Magneto (Malcom X), Xavier (MLK) parallels.

The Avengers are a mainstream, well known outfit who are mostly human's who have been enhanced or transformed by science and technology. The main ones are public figures and even government operatives at this point in the story and the only one who really has a secret identity is Peter.

:francis:

The two Avengers who are the least human also happen to be the most hated/feared...especially Wanda who is doing shyt beyond the realm of some fancy gadgets or potions. They don't even know she's a mutant yet and are already shook of her, how you think they gonna react when they find out there are people like her BORN that way...HIDING who they are, what they're capable of and what their moral compass is like?

Being that Wanda's powers are already tied to the infinity stones, anybody on the planet who had X-Genes lying dormant could have been activated by the snaps. The mutants in the comics stay on the low for a reason...the ones that could already exist will be finding it increasingly harder to stay hidden as news stories come out about people being 'blipped' back to reality with newly acquired talents that they can't control.

I'm assuming the WandaVision TV show on Disney + will do some sort of variation of House of M to click everything into place, she's going to be the key to integrating the X-men into the MCU.
There's no sensible reason why Wanda would be hated but Carol and Thor loved. All three of them or so far removed from humanity, limiting people's hatred to mutants won't make sense. People wouldn't trust thor because he's a god with the power to control lightning, people wouldn't trust vision because he's an android. People wouldn't trust Carol because she's so powerful and they would see her as an alien. Plus there's no history, if these people just blipped into existence then where's the history of discrimination that Cyclops, Magneto, Professor X and Storm are fighting against?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
There's no sensible reason why Wanda would be hated but Carol and Thor loved. All three of them or so far removed from humanity, limiting people's hatred to mutants won't make sense. People wouldn't trust thor because he's a god with the power to control lightning, people wouldn't trust vision because he's an android. People wouldn't trust Carol because she's so powerful and they would see her as an alien. Plus there's no history, if these people just blipped into existence then where's the history of discrimination that Cyclops, Magneto, Professor X and Storm are fighting against?

Thor had good PR via norse mythology and was beloved before people knew he was real.

As for Carol I don't ever remember her being in the public eye on the level of the rest of the Avengers, nobody remembered her from that time period, not because of plot holes but because she has spent the overwhelming majority of her time off world.

Wanda on the other hand was in the public eye, bending reality with her mind and completely wrecking shyt, she's got a much worse reputation than the other two characters mentioned. As for the history, Elizibeth Olsen said herself she wants to do some version of the comic's House of M where she creates her ideal reality where she and Vision are married with two children (WandaVision) and mutants are are the dominant race. shyt get's outta hand, she eventually has a mental break down where she basically deactivates 99% of mutants on earth.

1290250-nomoremutantscp.jpg

They could do a version of that, a very small amount of mutants keep their powers and lay low (from humans, and her) the rest of the population has their x-genes turned off, til some of them get hit by the snap.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No the X-men do not need their own universe and the reason they aren't received like the Avengers is because X-men is based on the dynamics of racism, which is where you get the Magneto (Malcom X), Xavier (MLK) parallels.

The Avengers are a mainstream, well known outfit who are mostly human's who have been enhanced or transformed by science and technology. The main ones are public figures and even government operatives at this point in the story and the only one who really has a secret identity is Peter.

:francis:

The two Avengers who are the least human also happen to be the most hated/feared...especially Wanda who is doing shyt beyond the realm of some fancy gadgets or potions. They don't even know she's a mutant yet and are already shook of her, how you think they gonna react when they find out there are people like her BORN that way...HIDING who they are, what they're capable of and what their moral compass is like?

Being that Wanda's powers are already tied to the infinity stones, anybody on the planet who had X-Genes lying dormant could have been activated by the snaps. The mutants in the comics stay on the low for a reason...the ones that could already exist will be finding it increasingly harder to stay hidden as news stories come out about people being 'blipped' back to reality with newly acquired talents that they can't control.

I'm assuming the WandaVision TV show on Disney + will do some sort of variation of House of M to click everything into place, she's going to be the key to integrating the X-men into the MCU.
They put in work to make that unit a hit

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People really don't understand racism at all :mjlol:

Why would people hate mutants, they can do everything the Avengers can do?

Why would people hate black people then? We can do everything white people can do too?:stopitslime:

They are hated because they are mutants. period. Just like Black people are hated because they aren't white. the end. There is no logic to discrimination, they just hate people who are different. If you are born with powers that makes you different from people who aren't. Doesn't matter that both Ironman and Angel can fly.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I refuse to believe Robert the Downey of Juniors is not gonna be Iron Man no more.
:beli:

Id change my LEGAL NAME to Tony Stark if I were him.
Just do lil appearances in the flix. Dont need a bunch of new Iron Man films in the future.

To me, it seems like the Black Widow movie is a set up film to pass the torch to the young avengers. If that's the case, we may see Ironheart. In the comics Tony creates a digital back up of himself and ends up being an A.I. mentor for Ri Ri Williams.

cmx-cu-sash-lg.png%7C0,0,361,554%20208,401,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I felt like E.D.I.T.H. is kinda pointing to the fact that we're going to see an A.I. version of Tony at some point.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
To me, it seems like the Black Widow movie is a set up film to pass the torch to the young avengers. If that's the case, we may see Ironheart. In the comics Tony creates a digital back up of himself and ends up being an A.I. mentor for Ri Ri Williams.

cmx-cu-sash-lg.png%7C0,0,361,554%20208,401,152,152_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I felt like E.D.I.T.H. is kinda pointing to the fact that we're going to see an A.I. version of Tony at some point.
Yeah, I know I read all that. Thats why Im saying he can be in the movies someway.
I have the original Iron Heart statue in my living room too.
:sbmarvel:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So is Spider-Man 3 confirmed for this? And How likely is that rumour that Sony are gonna take back the rights if FFH doesn’t meet expectations?

Sony CEO would not fukk up the good thing they have going with Marvel Studios producing the movie. The man in charge of Sony was the former finance CEO and he sees the bread they are making. He ain't crazy.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
People really don't understand racism at all :mjlol:

Why would people hate mutant they can do everything the Avengers can do?

Why would people hate black people then? We can do everything white people can do too?:stopitslime:

They are hated because they are mutants. period. Just like Black were hated because they weren't white. then end. There is no logic to discrimination, they just hate people who are different. If you are born with powers that makes you different from people who aren't. Doesn't matter that both Ironman and Angel can fly.
Seriously this talk of the x-men and the Avengers not working in the same universe is ridiculous.