Marvel MCU Phase 4: Official Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It’s probably not going to make a Billy bro. Film experts are saying there probably won’t be another Billion dollar movie until late 2021/2022. Think about it Movie theatres won’t be able to play all the screens they usually do for blockbuster because they will be essentially coming out right on top of each other. Add to the fact COVID will still be lingering around so not everyone will be out.
What can play against BW and get more hype? Not much.
Movies are an institution, when restrictions are lifted I think it will be the opposite. People will be happy that going to the movies is allowed again.
Maybe I'm wrong but if the restrictions are lifted sometime in the summer and things track normally by November people will get over the fear.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What can play against BW and get more hype? Not much.
Movies are an institution, when restrictions are lifted I think it will be the opposite. People will be happy that going to the movies is allowed again.
Maybe I'm wrong but if the restrictions are lifted sometime in the summer and things track normally by November people will get over the fear.
It’s not that people won’t choose BW it’s that theatres won’t have the space to play a Marvel Blockbuster for its entire run. Just look at later in November, there’s 6 films (including No Time To Die & Godzilla Vs Kong) coming out around Thanksgiving taking up vital theatre space that Black Widow would usually have under normal circumstances. It’s also jam packed between October (Venom 2, Halloween Kills) & December (Dune, Coming To America 2).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The new lineup

Black Widow - November 6th, 2020

Eternals - February 12, 2021

Shang-Chi May 7, 2021

Doctor Strange 2- November 5, 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - February 18, 2022

Black Panther 2 - May 8, 2022

Captain Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022

Still waiting on news for the shows :martin:

Dr Strange 2 is the most important one black folks don't know about yet. Dr Voodoo and Spectrum.

aka the expansion of black excellence in the mainstream... bc that paperboy shyt ain't it.

No Blade until 2023?

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Dr Strange 2 is the most important one black folks don't know about yet. Dr Voodoo and Spectrum.

aka the expansion of black excellence in the mainstream... bc that paperboy shyt ain't it.

No Blade until 2023?
Blade is probably October 2022

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yeah & 2022 is when theatres will probably be getting back to normal. I can see Black Panther making over 1.6 Billion & Captain Marvel/Thor making over a billy

Agreed. How well BW, Eternals, DS2 and Shang Chi are embraced will be interesting too. General interest + the state of the economy/world by then

Conz

Superstar
Daps
DS2 is gonna be so fukked up and visual and probably ful of characters that i bet it gets close to a bil. Eternals might be so epic in scale it gets close to or passes a bil. Shang-chi sounds amazing from the rumors, but no one knows who the fukk he is, and America is racist so it's probably making like $750. Black Widow doesn't have a prayer. If Black Widow makes a billion dollars in a time when no one will want to be congregated in large groups during a great depression, forget it, Marvel should be the new national mint.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
*checks to seee if there are any Shang Chi Funko Pops floating around online...

or if they even exist!!!!

:lupe:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
prediction - every single review for Black Widow will just be said reviewer dancing around saying "... yeah, that coulda just been a streamer." crazy circumstances. they should have just put that on demand for $20 for a month, then put it on Disney+ in August or something. sell some subscriptions and keep everything else on schedule. Black Widow shouldn't be pushing the entire slate.
My only thinking behind this is that it's setting up some Easter eggs for future projects.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

No Blade until 2023?
Yup. Spectrum will be in captain marvel 2 as well. I heard a rumor about rogue being tied in as well.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
My only thinking behind this is that it's setting up some Easter eggs for future projects.
right, and i feel like we're just gonna be like "that was fine. coulda watched a 5 minute youtube video... the accents were awful." i'm obviously gonna see it though

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yup. Spectrum will be in captain marvel 2 as well. I heard a rumor about rogue being tied in as well.

You're right. In fact, between Wanda's show, DS2 and CM2, it'll be interesting which one she'll actually get her powers in.

I would think DS2 at the latest, but that flick seems pretty busy with characters.

I doubt Rogue in CM2 tho (just hopeful x-men fans hoping) but I could see Monica and Kamala easily. In fact, those 2 and Carol will probably be the trio