MARVEL HALTS PRODUCTION OF FANTASTIC FOUR AND X-MEN COLLECTIBLES

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
shyt is like, wtf are you thinking after Joel schumacher.
plus, you ruin superman as collateral damage in all this too.
after the best superman anything in history in mos.

Art Barr
If you don't like Ben I'm sure Lex Luther will win you over :troll:

If they never sold the properties off, they wouldn't exist AT ALL. Selling off SOME of their properties is better than them losing EVERYTHING and going under.

They had to cut their hands off to save the rest of the body. But they learned lessons from that and that's what allows them to thrive and succeed now.
:wow:

Speaking of injured hands, Marvel's Dr. Strange, coming soon to a theater near you.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So im guessing doom and reed gettin the bushes after secret wars? No need to make characters u dont have the rights to gods :troll:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
xmstudios1jpg-427651_624w.jpg
xmstudios2jpg-427652_624w.jpg

xmstudios3jpg-427653_624w.jpg

Marvel lost

Flames :banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/30/between-the-panels-marvels-merchandising-problem

pretty good read, he makes some good points on both sides of the argument but ultimately argues that all they're doing is hurting the value of these characters and hurting the fans:

It's worrisome to think that these storytelling choices and book cancellations might be influenced by completely outside factors like licensing revenue and movie rights. Ultimately, Marvel is a corporation owned by a bigger corporation, and their primary goal is to make money. But they’re also a company predicated on storytelling and acting as stewards for characters with decades of history and millions of fans. Their behavior regarding the X-Men and Fantastic Four is beginning to make Marvel look like one of the many sinister, money-grubbing corporations in their own comics. Perhaps holding these characters hostage is good for Marvel’s bottom line, but it’s not good for the characters, and it’s not good for the fans who adore them.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Truth be told .... GR2 was better than both F4 movies, both Wolverines, Spidey 3, and X3

This.

Gr2 was great.
gr one was okay because it made good of the story arc.
that ruined the quality of gr as a mag all together in midnight sons.
yet, the adaptaction of the source material.
to amalgamate and make it better and the conclusion were done well.
better than critics who I know never read ghostwriter give it credit for.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The marvel name by itself would be enough for people to go see it.. lets be real who thought casting Nicholas Cage would be a good ghost rider

I want to say cage was cast.
to pull off the army of darkness meets big budget Bruce Campbell look alike ending and conclusion of the first film.
past that, I never saw the appeal.
or reason why cage has ever been cast as a lead, in an action film.
I don't buy him as the hero ever.

Art Barr

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/marvel-halts-production-of-fantastic-four-and-x-men-collectibles?abthid=556562f59f1567bf4100008f#disqus_thread&utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=17&utm_campaign=Blogroll

What do y'all make of this?:mjpls:
Over the past year they've killed off Wolverine and shut down the Fantastic 4 in their main comics as well...

Marvel out here losing patience with these other companies?:ohhh:
The Magneto statue is STILL DUE OUT thank goodness:yes:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Marvel-Characters-Movie-Studio-Ownership.jpg

Rights and Characters to EVERYTHING MUTANT from Marvel. Notice in AoU that they called Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch "miracles" :martinword:

They got Fantastic 4 and their characters/rogues as well.

I don't know if this translates to film or movies, but I worked at Activision back when we had the Marvel liscence. So a couple of things...
When we tried to make Marvel Ultimate Aliance we could not initially use Hulk cause Universal had his liscence, but the liscence was not just for the character but for all characters under his umbrella. This meant She-Hulk was unusable as well despite also being a member of the Fantastic 4 which we did have the liscence to. Silver Surfer was not treated as a seperate entity either, we could use him merely by having the rights to fan-4, just like we had venom and scarlet spidey, cosmic spidey, etc simply by having the Spiderman liscence. It covered all things spidey. Thats why eventually we started doing Spidey 2099 and other variants in the Spiderman games. The only thing we were specifically denied was Firestar. We had the X-Men and Spiderman liscence, but for some reason (likely tv related) she was on the list of people we couldn't use same as Hulk and Punisher who we just didn't own. So I don't know if sony actually has the venom liscence, or Fox has cable/wolverine/magento etc. I thnk that them having Spiderman/X-Men gives them the gauntlet of characters that fall under that umbrella. At least thats how it seemed to work for us.

But again, my insight is only from the gaming liscence, so movies may work different.

Also, there were 2 or 3 characters we had no choice in using. Marvel wanted them in the game. Thats why you ended up with ppl like Moon Knight being promenently featured when Namor is unplayable.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I don't know if this translates to film or movies, but I worked at Activision back when we had the Marvel liscence. So a couple of things...
When we tried to make Marvel Ultimate Aliance we could not initially use Hulk cause Universal had his liscence, but the liscence was not just for the character but for all characters under his umbrella. This meant She-Hulk was unusable as well despite also being a member of the Fantastic 4 which we did have the liscence to. Silver Surfer was not treated as a seperate entity either, we could use him merely by having the rights to fan-4, just like we had venom and scarlet spidey, cosmic spidey, etc simply by having the Spiderman liscence. It covered all things spidey. Thats why eventually we started doing Spidey 2099 and other variants in the Spiderman games. The only thing we were specifically denied was Firestar. We had the X-Men and Spiderman liscence, but for some reason (likely tv related) she was on the list of people we couldn't use same as Hulk and Punisher who we just didn't own. So I don't know if sony actually has the venom liscence, or Fox has cable/wolverine/magento etc. I thnk that them having Spiderman/X-Men gives them the gauntlet of characters that fall under that umbrella. At least thats how it seemed to work for us.

But again, my insight is only from the gaming liscence, so movies may work different.

Also, there were 2 or 3 characters we had no choice in using. Marvel wanted them in the game. Thats why you ended up with ppl like Moon Knight being promenently featured when Namor is unplayable.

:gladbron: breh you helped develop MUA1?? Prolly the best marvel universe console release to date . Man I remember we got the Hulk and Venom as DLC later and Moon Knight was pre-order exculsive.

Had some of my best gaming memories as comic book head with that game like...
Smashing out Doom as the Hulk, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange and Ghost Riser :banderas:
Or wrecking shyt with BP, Blade, Luke Cage and Storm as team Black Excellence :blessed:

Who were the other characters yall HAD to implement upon Marvel's request? Damn it's been almost 10 years since that piff first dropped. :whew:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
It makes sense for them business wise. These Fox movies are now competing with the marvel studios shyt (new mutants comes out a week after black panther) they might as well stop the free advertisement with toy, cartoons etc.

Wait..... :whoa:

They're making a New Mutants movie?

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps