Martin show turns 25 years old this year

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Season 4 was still good. Not as good as seasons 1-3 but still funny in its own right. The bedframe episode is top 10 all time.

Even season 5 is not as bad as people make it out to be. The first half is still some quality episodes.

I recently did a full series rewatch back in feb. Funniest sitcom EVER.

The main difference between seasons 4-5 and the first 3 is cole. Not the lack of gina. Cole was just too damn dumb for his own good as the series got older. Sometimes it led to good jokes. Sometimes it just felt forced.

That's why I say season 4 was bad. The lack of Cole really hit it...it has some good episodes...Love Connection I think was seas4, but the quality was clearly dipping. Plus Martin started axing his other characters. I guess too much drugs. By the time season 5 rolled around, it was a completely different feel of the show.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
It's been said that she had been teasing him for quite some time. Even AFTER she started dating Duane Martin.

I guess people forgot they was both in all 3 House Party movies? Martin prolly been digging Gina out for years before Duane came up.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I guess people forgot they was both in all 3 House Party movies? Martin prolly been digging Gina out for years before Duane came up.
Yeah. Women may screw around with a guy for a while. Then, they find another dude and get serious, but keep the first guy "close enough"

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Going through the IMDB Season 5 page, and there are still some good and funny episodes to me

S5, Ep2
12 Sep. 1996
Back in Trouble Again
Martin throws out his back but is determined that Gina won't find out, since she'd asked him not to play basketball right before her awards dinner.

S5, Ep5

31 Oct. 1996
Boo's in the House
On Halloween, Martin and the gang visit his prospective new house--and get a real scare.

S5, Ep6

7 Nov. 1996
Banging Hard in the School Yard
Martin thinks he and the guys can beat Gina's women's basketball team--until he finds out that her players are members of the U.S.A. WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM (themselves).

S5, Ep7

14 Nov. 1996
The Life You Save Might Make You Rich
After saving a Nigerian prince's life, Martin finds out that the ruler wants Gina for his concubine.

S5, Ep8

21 Nov. 1996
Snow White
Tensions rise in the gang's ski trip when Pam brings an Afro-centric extremist along and Tommy seems to be moving toward marriage with his white girlfriend.

S5, Ep9

5 Dec. 1996
Come on Over to My Place
When his mom interupts his date, Cole finally gets his own apartment--but no one else wants to be in it.

S5, Ep16

20 Feb. 1997
Power to the People's Court
Tommy represents himself when Sheneneh sues him, unaware she's hired legal superstar Ronnie Cochran.

S5, Ep17

6 Mar. 1997
I, Martin, Take Thee Pam?
On a return trip to the Bahamas, Martin realizes that his marriage certificate lists Pam as his wife. David Alan Grier guest stars.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
This show/Martin in general has never been that funny to me. It's not anywhere close to fresh prince btw

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Going through the IMDB Season 5 page, and there are still some good and funny episodes to me

S5, Ep2
12 Sep. 1996
Back in Trouble Again
Martin throws out his back but is determined that Gina won't find out, since she'd asked him not to play basketball right before her awards dinner.

S5, Ep5

31 Oct. 1996
Boo's in the House
On Halloween, Martin and the gang visit his prospective new house--and get a real scare.

S5, Ep6

7 Nov. 1996
Banging Hard in the School Yard
Martin thinks he and the guys can beat Gina's women's basketball team--until he finds out that her players are members of the U.S.A. WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM (themselves).

S5, Ep7

14 Nov. 1996
The Life You Save Might Make You Rich
After saving a Nigerian prince's life, Martin finds out that the ruler wants Gina for his concubine.

S5, Ep8

21 Nov. 1996
Snow White
Tensions rise in the gang's ski trip when Pam brings an Afro-centric extremist along and Tommy seems to be moving toward marriage with his white girlfriend.

S5, Ep9

5 Dec. 1996
Come on Over to My Place
When his mom interupts his date, Cole finally gets his own apartment--but no one else wants to be in it.

S5, Ep16

20 Feb. 1997
Power to the People's Court
Tommy represents himself when Sheneneh sues him, unaware she's hired legal superstar Ronnie Cochran.

S5, Ep17

6 Mar. 1997
I, Martin, Take Thee Pam?
On a return trip to the Bahamas, Martin realizes that his marriage certificate lists Pam as his wife. David Alan Grier guest stars.

Notice 6/8 of the ones u posted are from the first half.

People really overrate how bad season 5 is. The martin/gina split didnt happen til the second half. The first half of season 5 is just as funny as martin has always been.

Martin has maybe 8 episodes of wackness compared to 4 and half seasons of greatness. GOAT sitcom. Only one im putting over it is seinfeld.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My 5 year old knows all the words to the Fresh Prince intro:yeshrug:Kids will watch what their parents let them watch. Ain't no kid gonna watch Martin unless it's on BET or your parents have the DVDs. shyt isn't on TV like THAT anymore where it's accessible to everyone. Stop fronting.
What the fukk are you talking about? Martin is on daily on at least three different NATIONAL channels.