Martin show turns 25 years old this year

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I'd put Family Matters as 1B. I haven't watched Martin since it was on TV. I don't even know where they show reruns. I can't remember the classic Martin episodes, but I remember every single Fresh Prince episode. That's the biggest difference.

Good God no :hhh:

I can't think of a show that gets quoted among black people today more than Martin. Even kids that weren't around when it was on the air know all the episodes. Now I don't know what it's like in white circles...maybe ya'll going around the house still saying "Did I do that?"

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
as far as straight comedy goes. Funniest sitcom ever for me. The face that it falls off after season 3 and is still one of the GOATs prove this

Season 4 was still good. Not as good as seasons 1-3 but still funny in its own right. The bedframe episode is top 10 all time.

Even season 5 is not as bad as people make it out to be. The first half is still some quality episodes.

I recently did a full series rewatch back in feb. Funniest sitcom EVER.

The main difference between seasons 4-5 and the first 3 is cole. Not the lack of gina. Cole was just too damn dumb for his own good as the series got older. Sometimes it led to good jokes. Sometimes it just felt forced.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Season 4 was still good. Not as good as seasons 1-3 but still funny in its own right. The bedframe episode is top 10 all time.

Even season 5 is not as bad as people make it out to be. The first half is still some quality episodes.

I recently did a full series rewatch back in feb. Funniest sitcom EVER.

The main difference between seasons 4-5 and the first 3 is cole. Not the lack of gina. Cole was just too damn dumb for his own good as the series got older. Sometimes it led to good jokes. Sometimes it just felt forced.
Even gave Cole a girl that was just as dumb, maybe DUMBER than his ass!!
:deadmanny:

Yo i was just thinking. Martin did a lotta characters on the show, but the one guy he did that neved gets recognized was the white guy he played that worked with Gina.
That one episode when he was like "we're having a paaaaaaaaaarty Maaaaaaaaaaartin!!!! Its crazy maaaaaaaaaan!!"
:russ::russ:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Even gave Cole a girl that was just as dumb, maybe DUMBER than his ass!!
:deadmanny:

Yo i was just thinking. Martin did a lotta characters on the show, but the one guy he did that neved gets recognized was the white guy he played that worked with Gina.
That one episode when he was like "we're having a paaaaaaaaaarty Maaaaaaaaaaartin!!!! Its crazy maaaaaaaaaan!!"
:russ::russ:

BOB :dead:

Bob is top 2 of all of martin characters

1.Jerome
2.Bob
3.Otis
4.Mama Payne
5.Shanaenae

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
My 5 year old knows all the words to the Fresh Prince intro:yeshrug:Kids will watch what their parents let them watch. Ain't no kid gonna watch Martin unless it's on BET or your parents have the DVDs. shyt isn't on TV like THAT anymore where it's accessible to everyone. Stop fronting.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
My 5 year old knows all the words to the Fresh Prince intro:yeshrug:Kids will watch what their parents let them watch. Ain't no kid gonna watch Martin unless it's on BET or your parents have the DVDs. shyt isn't on TV like THAT anymore where it's accessible to everyone. Stop fronting.

No one is fronting. Martin is on all the damn time. MTV/BET/TV one. Stop it fam.

And no one is talking about 5-8 yr olds. But teens?? They damn well know martin word for word.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
No one is fronting. Martin is on all the damn time. MTV/BET/TV one. Stop it fam.

And no one is talking about 5-8 yr olds. But teens?? They damn well know martin word for word.
:manny:Well I don't have cable, so I didn't know it came on all those channels still. If it's on TV still like that then I agree.