Martin show turns 25 years old this year

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I can't have it as the funniest sitcom for myself. Those last 2 seasons....especially season 5 were atrocious. Maybe, if they were wiped from existence...
me personally i dont feel that they were THAT bad. Calling it atrocious is saying that there was no laughs in any of the episodes and thats just not true. The last two seasons were about as funny as hanging with mr cooper or something. In comparison to the first 3 seasons yea it was bad but in comparison to other sitcoms i'd say it was the norm :ld:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I may get negged for this, but I didn't find Martin as great as ya'll praise it to be on here. shyt was nowhere as classic as Cosby/Fresh Prince as far as black sitcoms. I'd put it on the same level as In Living Colour/Living Single/Steve Harvey Show/My Wife And Kids/ The Waynes Bros./Hanging With Mr. Cooper. Just my opinion though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
me personally i dont feel that they were THAT bad. Calling it atrocious is saying that there was no laughs in any of the episodes and thats just not true. The last two seasons were about as funny as hanging with mr cooper or something. In comparison to the first 3 seasons yea it was bad but in comparison to other sitcoms i'd say it was the norm :ld:
Yeah. I never felt like them shyts was BAD BAD like that. It was just fukked up how all the off screen stuff effected the progression of the show. But like I said before in another Martin thread, I actually liked the episodes focused around Pam.
That one with the Pam twin was so fukkin stupid it was hilarious!
:heh:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I may get negged for this, but I didn't find Martin as great as ya'll praise it to be on here. shyt was nowhere as classic as Cosby/Fresh Prince as far as black sitcoms. I'd put it on the same level as In Living Colour/Living Single/Steve Harvey Show/My Wife And Kids/ The Waynes Bros./Hanging With Mr. Cooper. Just my opinion though.

The Cosbys Are In An Ellite Class Of Its Own

After That Fresh Prince Is 1A Then Martin Is 1B

That's If We're Putting Quality Episodes Over Comedy

Martin Was Funnier Then Fresh Prince But Fresh Prince Had Better Quality Episodes And Stories I Think

All That Other shyt You Can Pool Together Under These

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

Martin Was Funnier Then Fresh Prince But Fresh Prince Had Better Quality Episodes And Stories I Think

I'd put Family Matters as 1B. I haven't watched Martin since it was on TV. I don't even know where they show reruns. I can't remember the classic Martin episodes, but I remember every single Fresh Prince episode. That's the biggest difference.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd put Family Matters as 1B. I haven't watched Martin since it was on TV. I don't even know where they show reruns. I can't remember the classic Martin episodes, but I remember every single Fresh Prince episode. That's the biggest difference.

You Might Get That Neg You Asked For :jbhmm:

Seriously Though Family Matters Comedy Was Full House Cornball Jokes And The Urkle Stories Were Straight Ridiculous

Martin Has A lot Of Great Episodes And Moments

I Still Think FP Beats It Out As Far As Quality Episodes But Martin Was Funnier

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
You Might Get That Neg You Asked For :jbhmm:

Seriously Though Family Matters Comedy Was Full House Cornball Jokes And The Urkle Stories Were Straight Ridiculous

Martin Has A lot Of Great Episodes And Moments

I Still Think FP Beats It Out As Far As Quality Episodes But Martin Was Funnier
:yeshrug:I watched Family Matters every day after school and remember a lot of shyt that happened. I can't remember anything about Martin besides the characters. If you bought it on DVD and rewatched Martin, I get why it's still good, but I haven't seen it since the 90s to still be hyping it like that.

And yea, Family Matters/Full House was corny, but those are classic 90s sitcoms. So to that I say...
3513e1d58b4ac8c104ec5f2ba9869f40.gif

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Seasons 1-3 are 10/10
Season 4 is 8.5/10
Season 5 is 5/10

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Yeah. I never felt like them shyts was BAD BAD like that. It was just fukked up how all the off screen stuff effected the progression of the show. But like I said before in another Martin thread, I actually liked the episodes focused around Pam.
That one with the Pam twin was so fukkin stupid it was hilarious!
:heh:
yea, for what there circumstances were the writers still did a decent job with wat they had.
Seasons 1-3 are 10/10
Season 4 is 8.5/10
Season 5 is 5/10
i concur :ehh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

They're all different types of shows though, so can you really compare? You can compare Jeffersons, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, Steve Harvey, Moesha, What's Happening, A Diff World. the rest of them moreso as sit-dramedy.

Actually, I'm tryna to think of another black sitcom along the lines of Martin (played for laughs). Probably The Wayans Bros...but that's about it. Cosby is in the same vein, but like you said, it's in a class of its own.