Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Culturally he's completely irrelevant in this era while Marvel on the other hand is relevant and deep down he knows it hence the constant jabs at Marvel :yeshrug:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Culturally he's completely irrelevant in this era while Marvel on the other hand is relevant and deep down he knows it hence the constant jabs at Marvel :yeshrug:
You feel so strongly about defending your corporate masters at Disney that you would say something that crazy and untrue? You like Marvel movies that much that you would take a swipe at one of the most influential artists of all time?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
what culture? Disney World? Marty has always been counterculture and so have his films (goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Wolf of Wall Street, etc.).

It's prestige dramas vs. reality tv shows... It's a work of art like a meal at a fine restaurant..but i forgot y'all some dollar menu and cheesecake factory ass nikkas in here :mjlol:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
the top 3 movies this year were Barbie, Mario, and Opp
get rid of CBMs and they'll be complaining about franchises
get rid of franchises and they'll be complaining about action movies
they always just hate what's popping or what the GA likes at the time
at the end of the day this is how the industry stays in business and how new filmmakers get interested in the business
I hate when people do this
paw patrol could be someone's Mona Lisa if they wanted it to be :lolbron:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
at the end of the day this is how the industry stays in business and how new filmmakers get interested in the business

All facts!

last sentence is hilarious but very true! :laff:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You feel so strongly about defending your corporate masters at Disney that you would say something that crazy and untrue? You like Marvel movies that much that you would take a swipe at one of the most influential artists of all time?

:old:nikka babble.

Nobody under 35 cares about Scorcese in 2023.

Culturally he's irrelevant in 2023.

It doesn't mean his movies are bad it means people don't really care like that anymore. Another director is Spielberg.

We're not in the 90's anymore.

Marvel whether you like the movies or not are "in" with the general movie goer right now and culturally relevant globally.

what culture? Disney World? Marty has always been counterculture and so have his films (goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Wolf of Wall Street, etc.).

It's prestige dramas vs. reality tv shows... It's a work of art like a meal at a fine restaurant..but i forgot y'all some dollar menu and cheesecake factory ass nikkas in here :mjlol:

You don't live in reality.

The average movie goer doesn't give a damn about a movie being "art" :mjlol:

Since 2012 the biggest movie franchise is Marvel :mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:old:nikka babble.

Nobody under 35 cares about Scorcese in 2023.

Culturally he's irrelevant in 2023.

It doesn't mean his movies are bad it means people don't really care like that anymore. Another director is Spielberg.

We're not in the 90's anymore.

Marvel whether you like the movies or not are "in" with the general movie goer right now and culturally relevant globally.
we're also not in 2018 anymore. MCU's Q ratings has plummeted the past few years. people aren't watching the shows on D+, the critics and fanboys have turned against the movies. Lucky you got the sony and james gunn stimulus packages this year.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

What year you living in? 2018? :usure:

MCU post Endgame has been trash and the next few years looks terrible

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
we're also not in 2018 anymore. MCU's Q ratings has plummeted the past few years. people aren't watching the shows on D+, the critics and fanboys have turned against the movies. Lucky you got the sony and james gunn stimulus packages this year.

3 Marvel movies last year were in the top 10 of the highest grossing movies of the year :mjtf:

What year you living in? 2018? :usure:

MCU post Endgame has been trash and the next few years looks terrible

I agree it’s been trash and even have said as much and that Disney are KILLING Marvel but it doesn’t mean that Marvel still aren’t “in” with the general movie goer in the age bracket I mentioned.

Scorsese is just mad people in 2023 would rather watch a two hour superhero Marvel action movie 10 times over than one of his flicks which means he gets less funding for his own flicks and is then relegated to streaming.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Preach. It's like 'the real Hip Hop' shtick I used to fall for hook line and sinker back in the day myself. But really it's just a way to elevate stuff that isn't the most popular. It's all 'cinema' just some is better than others. No need to act like you are doing something completely different cause you're not. And even I think most movies Marty does are head and shoulders above comic book movies. Doesn't mean you have to discredit fellow creatives.