Married at first sight is the best reality show on TV rn

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Guess I got no one to hate watch this shyt with :mjcry:

I'm so nauseated :mjcry:

These entire episodes are just conversations filled with Instagram platitude vomit. If I hear the word "partner" or "toxic" one more time :mjcry:

It's getting troubling to watch because it feels like we're stuck in a dumb algorithm and this generation of relationships is going to be studied for years :mjcry:

Help :mjcry:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It's dysfunctional and created for fukkery's sake, but part of me can't blame the producers. Not that matchmaking is easy, but if every couple was fit for each other it probably wouldn't make for entertaining TV. I think they're falling short because it's oversaturated. They have like 3 seasons a year or some shyt...slow down...

I haven't watched since...Nashville. That chick Dom pissed me off and it was clear she didn't want to be on the show, her mom seemingly put her up to it. Season before that, the chick Alyssa bounced on the honeymoon. Like how you come on what's basically a blind dating show and quit before the show is over. It's 2 months, see the shyt through. No one on the show is a model, so not sure what they were expecting when they get to the alter.

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
based on this thread and online chatter looks like we all picked a good time to abandon ship
i used to like this show but it has become a complete shyt show

hopefully they take their time between seasons and right the ship...i wouldnt mind coming back
but not if it continues on this same trajectory i am done

the million dollar question: is the premise of the show broken. In 2024 can they really find 2 strangers that are compatiable, sane, relatively normal and willing to get married or after the ATL season with Chris they are purposedly getting ppl that are 'good' tv & marriage me damned

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dont with the show no more
they jumped the shark awhile ago...doesnt even seem like they really trying to match ppl up anymore and just looking for the most drama

now we got couples breaking up a few weeks into process, seasons where only 1 or no couples stay married and the experts dont to do shyt

Was talking to my wife about this. No point watching this shyt anymore. Show jumped the shark after Dr. Viviana left. They don't even try anymore. This last cast flipped the script on em by faking the whole fukking thing. They look dumb as fukk.

They need a complete revamp in how they select matches. They picked someone who never had a damn relationship before and just hooked up with randos. Gimme a break.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I abandoned the show after season 14. Just got tired of the toxic relationships. And the experts not being experts forcing relationships that don't work.
Nah it’s not that, it’s the experts purposely switching the couples before the wedding day knowing shyt won’t work so as to generate more ratings…

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This last season was so forced an contrived that I had enough. The clout chasing era combined with terrible picks by the 'experts' have made the show unwatchable. They need to overhaul the whole process.
Agreed.