Marlo Stanfield is the most misunderstood character in the TV History

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
“He was a boring one dimensional character.”

False. People are too enamored by the Nino Browns, O Dogs, Ricos, and even Avon Barksdales of the world that they think guys like Marlo are boring characters. Marlo seemed like the type of character who had alot to say and alot of personality to exhibit but chose not to show any of it on the surface in order to succeed in the game, as opposed to a boring person who has absolutely nothing to say or no personality. His complexities are exhibited more through his ruthlessness and calculated decisions, unlike most, whose complexities are exhibited through their range of emotions.

“He was evil”

Understandable opinion. But the game is evil. Prey or predator. He clearly decided he wasn’t going to be prey and that was his only priority. Avon’s priority was balancing family with money and reputation. Stringer’s priority was money. Prop Joe’s was money. Marlo’s was power for the sake of avoid being prey. If a kid saw the security guard press Marlo like how he did and the security guard was allowed to live after that, people would have spread word around the hood that the security guard stood up to Marlo and still lived.

Rayful Edmonds was a drug kingpin from DC. Alonzo Mourning used to hang with him when he was not at practice or balling. John Thompson, Alonzo’s coach, had confronted Rayful and warned him to stay away from Alonzo. Rayful respected it, but the general consensus is that John Thompson punked Rayful.

Marlo understood the power of reputation more than most, so he took out the security guard to avoid people spreading a narrative that a working man punked him because that would be a stain on his reputation in the eyes of the streets.

The delivery lady was the only murder that was arguably 100% evil. The security guard should have minded his business and was a victim of his own pride. Dying for a store that pays you $10 an hour isn’t smart.

“He was mad because the kids were talking about Omar instead of him”

I doubt he cared to the extent that you guys make it out to be. Marlo was up $10 Million and made it out. You guys just get a little too obsessed with Omar. Marlo is an obsessive compulsive character with hints of asperger’s. He enjoys playing more than he does actually winning. Even til the point where he’ll die playing. Thats the point of the last scene from my perspective. He’s a eternally insecure character with a permanent chip on his shoulder whose primary motivation in life is to make sure nobody can call him a p*ssy. It sounds stupid, but if you have been in the streets, or any street adjacent setting, you’d understand how this is a valid motivation for most in that setting.

One of the reasons people hate Marlo is because he was perfect for his bureaucracy, which was the streets. Avon, Stringer, Prop Joe had faults, hypocrisies, and weaknesses. Marlo was a cancer who thrived in a cancerous society. Most people are flawed hypocrites, so they relate more to other flawed people, whereas people who are absent of flaws or hypocrisies in their plight are not as relatable. Most people romanticize imperfections, and villainize people who are who they are without any apologies or delusional sentiment.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Marlo was a great character and although young he Moved like a OG. While all the OG’s had some type of weaknesses he found them and attacked them instantly.

The only other OG who had no visible weaknesses is The Greek and Vondas. I think the reason why The Greek smiled at Marlo after he left their meeting was because he slightly sensed the same amount of ruthlessness that was in him, in Marlo.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Prop Joe trying to lil bro dudes but ended up getting sent to the vacants because of his useless ass nephew :snoop:

I understand people hate Cheese, but he sold Prop Joe out because he saw Prop Joe panic and crack under pressure trying to appease Marlo and Omar at the end of Season 4. Nobody is going to respect you as a boss if you’re p*ssy. And all that was 1000% Prop Joe’s fault because he was being greedy wanting Marlo to be down with the Co Op and manipulated Omar into robbing Marlo just to do it. Marlo politely declined his first offer and Joe should have kept it moving but he didn’t. So his death was deserved, and Butchie was deserved collateral damage as well as Omar because Omar should have been smart enough to know Prop Joe was full of shyt

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
He was a legit sociopath breh :mjlol:

Not in any point this dude looked like he was having fun, even when he piping ol girl in the car he looked like he wanted to murder her :mjlol:

Yeah tell me something i don’t know

The paragraph explains the method to his ruthlessness

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I understand people hate Cheese, but he sold Prop Joe out because he saw Prop Joe panic and crack under pressure trying to appease Marlo and Omar at the end of Season 4. Nobody is going to respect you as a boss if you’re p*ssy. And all that was 1000% Prop Joe’s fault because he was being greedy wanting Marlo to be down with the Co Op and manipulated Omar into robbing Marlo just to do it. Marlo politely declined his first offer and Joe should have kept it moving but he didn’t. So his death was deserved, and Butchie was deserved collateral damage as well as Omar because Omar should have been smart enough to know Prop Joe was full of shyt

Butchie ain’t deserve that shyt :camby:

Prop Joe was just trying to lil bro Marlo and he sniffed that shyt out.. Cheese is still a faggit for that that’s why I’m glad Slim Charles one timed him for talkin greasy…

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Butchie ain’t deserve that shyt :camby:

Prop Joe was just trying to lil bro Marlo and he sniffed that shyt out.. Cheese is still a faggit for that that’s why I’m glad Slim Charles one timed him for talkin greasy…

Butchie assisted in Omar robbing Marlo. He deserved it. But I get it he’s blind so people feel sorry for him. But he was in the streets nonetheless and assisted Omar in his revenge for an issue he started in the first place by being fooled by Prop Joe.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
“He was evil”

Understandable opinion. But the game is evil. Prey or predator. He clearly decided he wasn’t going to be prey and that was his only priority. Avon’s priority was balancing family with money and reputation. Stringer’s priority was money. Prop Joe’s was money. Marlo’s was power for the sake of avoid being prey. If a kid saw the security guard press Marlo like how he did and the security guard was allowed to live after that, people would have spread word around the hood that the security guard stood up to Marlo and still lived.
giphy.gif

InnocentNecessaryBobcat-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_m1ucfuJuWG1qdato8o3_250.gif

yeah, why would we ever think this man is evil :heh:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
OP is giving reasoning for Omar killing a security man trying to do his job :dead:

black security guards act like they’re the police

and you’re not supposed to follow someone out the store

fukk them