Mark Schwann (Creator/Showrunner of "One Tree Hill") brehs

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz and more are speaking out against Mark Schwann.

:dead: @prophecypro another 1 of our CW/WB shows is tainted.

EDIT:

Full story news clip from Clevver News:

One of our favorite shows EVER has been infected with Hollywood’s growing sex-abuse scandal. TV writer Audrey Wauchope has come forward on Twitter with claims of sexual abuse by One Tree Hill’s creator Mark Schwahn. Audrey and writing partner Rachel Specter were prompted to their story public after Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg was suspended by Warner Bros.

On Twitter Audrey started out by saying QUOTE, “...a couple thoughts about my first writing job that I’ve wanted to say for years but have never had the guts to.” Audrey went on in a series of tweets to explain what happened without actually naming the creator by name. But she didn’t have to. “One of the 1st things we were told was that the showrunner hired female writers on the basis of their looks. That's why you're here - he wants to f*ck you. Rachel had been actress previous to writing and was told that he used to talk about her in the room before we were hired.” Audrey explained she immediately felt like an imposter because she was hired for her body not her mind. And from day one she felt uncomfortable with the way the creator touched female employees. Men on staff would even try to sit next to the female writers to shield them from the showrunner.

In addition, male staffers were unwillingly shown photos of naked actresses the creator was having an affair with. And the day before Audrey’s writing partner Rachel left for her wedding he asked if she really wanted to go through with it and if he had a shot with her?! That, my friends, is abuse of power. Audrey ended saying QUOTE, “I blame a system that allows one person to have so much power they can do whatever they want. I’m furious and sad and everything else for the women who have sat on that couch next to that man. I write all this to say that there are trickle down psychological effects to all this and the town is littered with all the collateral damage of abusers…”

The leading ladies of One Tree Hill wasted no time coming forward to support Audrey. Sophia Bush tweeted, “For the record. I stand with Audrey. @audreyalison#BurnItDownSis. And to the bad guys? Yeah. @HilarieBurton”. Hilarie Burton chimed in replying to multiple tweets, “Hey girl. Count me in.” And, “Burn it down, sis. Love your bravery. I back your play 100%. Let's talk. Xo”. Betheny Joy Lenz tweeted simply, “Thank you @audreyalison”. In addition to banding together on twitter, 18 cast and crew members came together to make a joined statement speaking out against the show’s “open secret”. The letter reads in part: “Many of us were, to varying degrees, manipulated psychologically and emotionally. More than one of us is still in treatment for post-traumatic stress. Many of us were put in uncomfortable positions and had to swiftly learn to fight back…” The letter goes on to say they were encouraged to keep quiet about the situations that made them feel unsafe for fear the show would get canceled.

EDIT #2:

Stars of The CW show including Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton and Bethany Joy Lenz released a statement in support of writer Audrey Wauchope, who tweeted about harassment from Schwann without publicly naming him.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Bethany...:ohlawd: best looking chick out of them all...

:gucci: Bethany was definitely cute, but she ain't the finest.

I mean towards the end of the show...she was...:whoo: I mean we really picking Hillary burton? :heh:

If we're talking about these main 3 younger female characters in the first 4-6 seasons, Sophia Bush is the finest of the 3. Overall throughout the whole series, I don't know. OTH ran for 9 seasons, had a big ensemble cast, & always a had a lot of attractive recurring/guest star actresses. So it's too hard to choose.

:yeshrug: I used to think Hillary Burton was fine too though. I think I was just caught up in her being the main long-term love interest for the Male lead. Now I realize she was just cute AT BEST.

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Oh I've been expected these showrunners to get the summer jam screen treatment. frankly Im surprised Josh Schwartz and Kevin Williamson havent been accussed yet or Gough & Millar.

Ian Somerhadler your time is coming too :ufdup:
:lupe:What'd Damon do

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:gucci:
Fuuuuuucccckkkk no

I mean between sophia bush was smoking hot... but dude towards the end

:ehh: I would have smashed... I watched OTH for a long time even after Keith was killed by dan. ::mjcry: fukking jealous ass bitter nikka. killed his brother for nothing.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Oh I've been expected these showrunners to get the summer jam screen treatment. frankly Im surprised Josh Schwartz and Kevin Williamson havent been accussed yet or Gough & Millar.

Ian Somerhadler your time is coming too :ufdup:
:lupe: You heard something about them?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I mean between sophia bush was smoking hot... but dude towards the end

:ehh: I would have smashed... I watched OTH for a long time even after Keith was killed by dan. ::mjcry: fukking jealous ass bitter nikka. killed his brother for nothing.
I watched the whole series and I'm still saying she' in last place :yeshrug: