"One Tree Hill" sequel series on Netflix in the works

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean but you know how popular the show became its like people thought it was a joke him basing it on that corny ass movie but he definitely crushed the buildings with the entire story and making up his own lore...:ufdup:

No one even remembers that crappy movie when people mention Buffy...:wow:
I know what you mean.

Only because of Whedon’s “cancellation” would I think people would be okay Bel-Airing this in comparison to the Fresh Prince.

Us oldies really ain’t trying to see redux Willow, Spike, and Angel.

But also the teen supernatural market is full anyways from what the OG left behind

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I know what you mean.

Only because of Whedon’s “cancellation” would I think people would be okay Bel-Airing this in comparison to the Fresh Prince.

Us oldies really ain’t trying to see redux Willow, Spike, and Angel.

But also the teen supernatural market is full anyways from what the OG left behind

The new shows don't hit the same anymore tho ... :scust: everything after supernatural has been trash...:dead:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
yea, but he owns the creative rights. Will probably only allow a reboot if he can have a hand in it.
????

"I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill.

He sold the original movie script and had no involvement over the changes made. More work-for-hire

He executive produced the tv show so I think he has more creative control over how those versions of the character are exploited.

Hollywood stopped doing those Harlan Ellison style deals a long time ago.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
????

"I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill.

He sold the original movie script and had no involvement over the changes made. More work-for-hire

He executive produced the tv show so I think he has more creative control over how those versions of the character are exploited.

Hollywood stopped doing those Harlan Ellison style deals a long time ago.

:ohhh: that's crazy...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I wonder what they're going to do about the Mark Schwahn situation as I can't see Sophia Bush and the other women agreeing to do the show again if his name still attached to it or it’d come off as highly hypocritical on her part based on previous comments.

With a lot of the characters from the OG not showing up, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they try and turn this shyt into a women's empowerment show instead of telling a coherent story. Both were married at the end of the series, so they're going to have to explain where their husbands are.