mark cuban with the realest quote ever. if you a grown man that still hasn't grasp this concept then you are just lost and delusional

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
That's true but not relevant to the topic.
Yes it is, because there's an assumption here that they're separate.
You absolutely can be good at your passion, but can easily take it for granted. The problem lies in the use and understanding of certain terms. I was an art prodigy, but never considered art my "Passion", despite the hundreds of hours I committed to doing recreational drawings. I liked art, but never thought that I "Loved" it. The reality is, I never would have voluntarily invested so much of my time, had there not been a genuine love for it. So many of the things we become good at are passions by another name, as we get thrown off by semantics.
Art just wasn't your passion then. This topic is assuming the two are always separate, but that's not the case for everyone.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Art just wasn't your passion then. This topic is assuming the two are always separate, but that's not the case for everyone.
You are just making my point. Its all semantics. Doesn't matter what words you use to describe a person's relationship to a craft/hobby/sport they invest thousands of hours a year doing, for leisure/recreation. Its all the same.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
You can be trash at your passion and still make it
You can be excellent at your passion and not make it

There are more factors to success than just skills. Life is a roll of two Infinite-side dice that never land on the same spot twice. But when the numbers add to the same thing it might make you think they did

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
So if I'm passionate about Cars for example I pursue a career becoming a car mechanic that's sad to nikkas on thecoli?

If you’re actually good at it, then there’s no issue. If you’re passionate about it, but fukking up people’s cars…:francis::skip:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You are just making my point. Its all semantics. Doesn't matter what words you use to describe a person's relationship to a craft/hobby/sport they invest thousands of hours a year doing, for leisure/recreation. Its all the same.
I'm not making your point. You simply weren't passionate about art despite being good at it. Other people are passionate about things they're good at.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
If your passion is a sport you don’t have to necessarily play the sport. You can sell your info and expertise you have from it though. There’s levels to passions. You can do both and coalesce them for an end goal. There’s Tekken hobbyists that makes more money than any pro Tekken player just by pumping out content on YouTube and streaming. If you’re passionate you need expertise and that requires not just hot passion but cold passion too

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
If you’re actually good at it, then there’s no issue. If you’re passionate about it, but fukking up people’s cars…:francis::skip:

or passionate about medicine and incompetent

c29jaWFsLmpwZw

:huhldup:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'm not making your point. You simply weren't passionate about art despite being good at it. Other people are passionate about things they're good at.
Good luck attempting to prove that without playing the semantics game.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good luck attempting to prove that without playing the semantics game.
You absolutely can be good at your passion, but can easily take it for granted. The problem lies in the use and understanding of certain terms. I was an art prodigy, but never considered art my "Passion", despite the hundreds of hours I committed to doing recreational drawings. I liked art, but never thought that I "Loved" it. The reality is, I never would have voluntarily invested so much of my time, had there not been a genuine love for it. So many of the things we become good at are passions by another name, as we get thrown off by semantics.
How about you keep up with your own unnecessary arguments first before challenging me on what is or isn't semantics and displaying your talent as a contortionist to be right like you usually do?

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
So if I'm passionate about Cars for example I pursue a career becoming a car mechanic that's sad to nikkas on thecoli?

No but if you suck as a mechanic then yes that would be sad because you are just wasting your talent by pursuing something you have no knack for regardless of your passion for it

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Yes it is, because there's an assumption here that they're separate.

They are often separate

What you are good at and what you love,naturally, are not often mutuall exclusive

Also you can develop passion for something you are good/great at. the fulfilment that comes from hardwork yielding positive result is amazing feeling
and the better you are at a skill or profession, the more your passion for it grows

The importance of opportunity can also not be overlooked here, take people passionate about astronomy for example, there are probably millions of them

worldwide but the opportunity to chase it as a career is extremely limited hence why Nasa's acceptance rate is quite low. so in this case, unless you are the cream of the crop and can separate yourself from the competition in such a competitive field then it's unwise to keep pursuing it as a career

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They are often separate

What you are good at and what you love,naturally, are not often mutuall exclusive

Also you can develop passion for something you are good/great at. the fulfilment that comes from hardwork yielding positive result is amazing feeling
and the better you are at a skill or profession, the more your passion for it grows

The importance of opportunity can also not be overlooked here, take people passionate about astronomy for example, there are probably millions of them
worldwide but the opportunity to chase it as a career is extremely limited hence why Nasa's acceptance rate is quite low
They are often separate, says who? The bolded kills that statement.

I know what this logic is rooted in but y'all need to go ahead and just say that instead of trying to force passion and talent into absolutely separate categories for most humans. If anything it's usually the opposite.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Absolutely, the thing is, soaking from my experience, most people never truly know what they are passionate about because they don't get the exposure to activities outside of a few things. Without that they settle on the few things they are familiar with and it becomes the defacto dream.
I hear what you're saying, but even with limited exposure, which is still probably relative, many people find something they're passionate about. Other factors play into how hard they follow it. You can have one more than passion it's just rare to focus on multiple because of time constraints.