mark cuban with the realest quote ever. if you a grown man that still hasn't grasp this concept then you are just lost and delusional

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Be like water

full

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
We have a few generations of people who grew up in the participation awards era where you got a prize just for showing up. They are allergic to criticism and call it hate. So they have no realistic way of ever addressing short comings. Everything they don't want to hear is hate. They think being good or bad at something is subjective like it can't be defined.

They won't get this crucial message.
Preach. They internalised the delusional cliche their mama told them as kids "you can be anything you want in life"

Sure anything is possibility but what's the probability looking like:mjgrin:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Don't follow your passion,follow your efforts (i.e things you are actually good at)

There's nothing sadder than a grown man/woman who's an aspiring (insert profession here).

Know your limiations and stick to what you are actually good at, Also in this economy, only rich and priviledged kids can afford to "follow their passion"

for the rest of us passion can be a side hustle,hobbie unless you have the talent/aptitude for it which most people really don't

I learned this lesson too. A lot of people miss out on the easy lick of following in your parents footsteps.
They already have the career and connections you need to get established, but instead turn to artistic pursuits or other Bs.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
But when I say this shyt, I get told I'm telling ppl to settle. Or worse, I'm advocating for people to quit their dreams/gave up. If a dude is great at stacking boxes and makes enough to support his lifestyle, let him cook. Not everyone needs to hustle 3 or more jobs to be happy.

Success looks different to each one of us. Stop worry about what's going on in other people's yard or you'll starve the garden in yours.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
But when I say this shyt, I get told I'm telling ppl to settle. Or worse, I'm advocating for people to quit their dreams/gave up. If a dude is great at stacking boxes and makes enough to support his lifestyle, let him cook. Not everyone needs to hustle 3 or more jobs to be happy.

Success looks different to each one of us. Stop worry about what's going on in other people's yard or you'll starve the garden in yours.

ErYcMYEXYAUP2fe.jpg

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps

a dude stacking boxes in a warehouse doesnt make enough to support his lifestyle due to high rent and inflation..

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
You can be good at your passion...
You absolutely can be good at your passion, but can easily take it for granted. The problem lies in the use and understanding of certain terms. I was an art prodigy, but never considered art my "Passion", despite the hundreds of hours I committed to doing recreational drawings. I liked art, but never thought that I "Loved" it. The reality is, I never would have voluntarily invested so much of my time, had there not been a genuine love for it. So many of the things we become good at are passions by another name, as we get thrown off by semantics.