Mario Kart 9 coming, said to have a new “twist” also non-mario characters

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Mario kart Nine-tendo.. have all Nintendo characters appear that haven't.. (link.samus.capt falcon.fox..)..

save the non Nintendo characters for 10.. and possibly new gen console

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mario kart Nine-tendo.. have all Nintendo characters appear that haven't.. (link.samus.capt falcon.fox..)..

save the non Nintendo characters for 10.. and possibly new gen console

Naw they gotta throw my boy sonic in there. Link is in Mario Kart 8 btw

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They cars handle very Mario kart like, you should try it sometime :manny:

You said all that just to show everyone here you don't know what Forza Horizon is :wow:

Only thing I've done in forza 5 is literally drop in (if you've played it, you know what I mean). And create my player and get to the world map. Of the 3 initial cars, i think a bronco, a corvette and a supra...I chose the supra. I haven't played beyond that point. I got burnout paradise vibes, which is/was cool, but I miss the og burnout, creating ruckus, chaining together car wrecks and shyt which they abandoned completely in paradise.

I'll get back to it, right now I can't stop playing San andreas

The reason no other kart racer would sell as well and eat into the market is iconic characters and iconic items. Nintendo hasn't even scratched the surface as far as implementing iconic characters and iconic items. They could add Kirby for instance, samus, he'll they've taken away iconic items from kart, they removed the feather that makes you jump over shyt. And they've always had the bunny hop. They could add the p-wing for Christ sakes.

PlayStation has characters, none as near as iconic as Nintendo, I wouldn't even call them icons, they had crash, spyro, rayman, sock puppet, Jax and daxter....nobody trying to race a kart with them fools on it, for what?

There's certain lanes that are just taken. Kellogg's has frosted flakes, post has fruity pebbles, Kellogg's has froot loop, general mills has cinnamon toast crunch. The companies know each other's strong brands and thus they don't even try to compete with them in those lanes.

Here's what the game aisle will look like
You can guess which one is mario Kart, and it's not the one which will save you money (since Nintendo branded games don't often go on sale)
7r7u0ybddzm71.jpg

I’m not questioning if the gameplay would be good it’s Mario Kart nah mean? When was the last Nintendo released a brand new game? The Nintendo fans are gonna eat up a new kart racer

When's the last time a big cereal company brought in a new mascot? Tony the tiger, snap crackle and pop, trix rabbit, lucky charms guy, cocoa puffs bird, toucan Sam and all them fools is old as shyt.

Nintendo brought in splatoon that might be the newest one for them.

Last edited:

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Mario kart smash is here.

What happens to gaming in 2022? Analysts offer their predictions

Mario Kart 9 “is in Active Development” and “Comes with a New Twist,” Analyst Says

Leaker Claims Next Mario Kart Game Will Feature More Than Just Super Mario

This is pretty much the direction i saw it going in once they added Link. I think the other big feature they will have is an extensive level editor that you can upload and play online with people.

And….this is my big bold prediction… OPEN WORLD. Yep, i think they will make mario kart like forza horizon. Mark my words. Nintendo have knack for taking a winning formula on another platform and nintendo-izing it, which is scaling it down and giving it it’s own unique hook. It’s the final frontier for the series

You think we could drive from Mushroom Kingdom, into and through the jungles of Donkey Kong and exit to find ourselves in Hyrule Field?? :ohhh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Been wanting to get a switch is it still worth it ?
I would wait at this point for stronger hardware. Current switch is gonna turn 5 years old in 2 months. Unless the next one isn’t backwards compatible which I highly doubt.

Unless you need something for portable gaming.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I’m not questioning if the gameplay would be good it’s Mario Kart nah mean? When was the last Nintendo released a brand new game? The Nintendo fans are gonna eat up a new kart racer
Of course, but I was talking about a competent company like playground games attempting to make a clone. I’m saying that forza and Mario kart both heavily rely on drifting. I’m saying Mario kart is beneath that forza does so it would be simple if they wanted to. That’s all I’m saying…
Only thing I've done in forza 5 is literally drop in (if you've played it, you know what I mean). And create my player and get to the world map. Of the 3 initial cars, i think a bronco, a corvette and a supra...I chose the supra. I haven't played beyond that point. I got burnout paradise vibes, which is/was cool, but I miss the og burnout, creating ruckus, chaining together car wrecks and shyt which they abandoned completely in paradise.

I'll get back to it, right now I can't stop playing San andreas

The reason no other kart racer would sell as well and eat into the market is iconic characters and iconic items. Nintendo hasn't even scratched the surface as far as implementing iconic characters and iconic items. They could add Kirby for instance, samus, he'll they've taken away iconic items from kart, they removed the feather that makes you jump over shyt. And they've always had the bunny hop. They could add the p-wing for Christ sakes.

PlayStation has characters, none as near as iconic as Nintendo, I wouldn't even call them icons, they had crash, spyro, rayman, sock puppet, Jax and daxter....nobody trying to race a kart with them fools on it, for what?

There's certain lanes that are just taken. Kellogg's has frosted flakes, post has fruity pebbles, Kellogg's has froot loop, general mills has cinnamon toast crunch. The companies know each other's strong brands and thus they don't even try to compete with them in those lanes.

Here's what the game aisle will look like
You can guess which one is mario Kart, and it's not the one which will save you money (since Nintendo branded games don't often go on sale)
7r7u0ybddzm71.jpg

When's the last time a big cereal company brought in a new mascot? Tony the tiger, snap crackle and pop, trix rabbit, lucky charms guy, cocoa puffs bird, toucan Sam and all them fools is old as shyt.

Nintendo brought in splatoon that might be the newest one for them.
There isn’ta first party Mario kart clone on competing consoles, but if there was then it would come down to gameplay. If it plays great then it’sa franchise they can build off of. It’s literally that simple. And Mario kart is an easy genre to duplicate can surpass. It’s just a matter of desire, I’m who plays Mario because of characters? :laff:
nikka in here tried to say give Forza a skin and it would knock off Mario Kart

:russ::mjlol:
I didn’t say that, and have you yourself played FH?
If you haven’t then I understand why you would think I’m way off but I can assure I’m not. Mario kart can’t create a forza horizon clone tho :sas2:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There isn’ta first party Mario kart clone on competing consoles, but if there was then it would come down to gameplay.

PlayStation all stars racers
Crash team racing
Nickelodeon kart racers
Hell I think sonic had one too

They've all tried and failed.

If it was as easy as you say it is and all that money is just sitting there like a great big p*ssy waiting to get fukked it would have been done.

Matter of desire my ass....and mario is like the number 1 character in the entire world. Bigger than Mickey mouse, bugs bunny and spongebob.

Keep fukking around, it's only a matter of time before you pull a dollar bill out of your wallet and it has Mario's face on it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Something I’ve noticed is nintendo can adopt other popular games and scale them down and nintendo-fy them but bigger devs can’t really scale nintendo games up.