Mario Kart 9 coming, said to have a new “twist” also non-mario characters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mario kart smash is here.

That might not be entirely accurate though. In an article published by GamesIndustry in which several industry analysts have made predictions for the industry in 2022, Dr. Serkan Toto of Kantan Games stated that Mario Kart 9 is currently in the works, and, interestingly enough, that it "comes with anew twist." Toto also predicts that Nintendo could tease the game sometime this year.

"I am aware Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still selling very well on the Nintendo Switch, but Mario Kart 9 is in active development (and comes with a new twist) and Nintendo could tease it this year," he said.

What happens to gaming in 2022? Analysts offer their predictions

Mario Kart 9 “is in Active Development” and “Comes with a New Twist,” Analyst Says

The other interesting tidbit about a potential new Mario Kart game is that it will apparently feature multiple IP. The Mario Kart series has stuck pretty strictly to Super Mario characters until the latest entry, which introduced Animal Crossing's Isabelle and The Legend of Zelda's Link to the mix. It would make sense for the next Mario Kart game to explore that idea further and add even more non-Super Mario characters, though fans should keep their expectations in check. No concrete evidence for a new Mario Kart game has been presented and it's entirely possible that there's no truth to this leak.

Leaker Claims Next Mario Kart Game Will Feature More Than Just Super Mario

This is pretty much the direction i saw it going in once they added Link. I think the other big feature they will have is an extensive level editor that you can upload and play online with people.

And….this is my big bold prediction… OPEN WORLD. Yep, i think they will make mario kart like forza horizon. Mark my words. Nintendo have knack for taking a winning formula on another platform and nintendo-izing it, which is scaling it down and giving it it’s own unique hook. It’s the final frontier for the series

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's the only kart game worth my money. I'll be there day one. No clue what to expect from this game though.

The Crash one was a great "hardcore" one, it's probably the most skill based one out there against other people (the CPU is bullshyt tho)

The Sega one (idk about Sonic Team Racing) was a better arcade experience and did the land, sea, air thing.

Mario was the best "plug and play" one, anybody and everybody could play regardless of skill level. It sounds like this one is going to kill off the competition

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The Crash one was a great "hardcore" one, it's probably the most skill based one out there against other people (the CPU is bullshyt tho)

The Sega one (idk about Sonic Team Racing) was a better arcade experience and did the land, sea, air thing.

Mario was the best "plug and play" one, anybody and everybody could play regardless of skill level. It sounds like this one is going to kill off the competition

I should have said, best one currently going. Sonic Transformed is the GOAT of this kart shyt though.