Mansa Musa biopic in the works...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
On one hand, it is cool to see Black history dramatized but on the other hand its sad that Black people are so helpless that we place such importance over entertainment which White companies profit the most of it anyways.

Daps
Remember he was muslim
.don't you dare minimise or leave that out..
yeah Islam was likely the downfall of the Malian Empire....If Mansa had stayed true to his African roots/wasn't an Uncle Abdi whom gave his kingdoms riches(gold) like candy to to sand cacs in Mecca in an attempt to buy Allah's chosen people's love and approval and hadn't likely tradinedcountless of his own people into Middle Eastern Islamic slavery Ancient Mali/Ghana decline probably wouldn't have been as drastic/regressed from oen fo the richest and advanced civilizations to one of the most impoverished and stuck in the dark ages regions in the world all thanks to Islam:pacspit:

i wouldn't mind seeing a feature length film on African civilizations such as Timbuktu/Mansa but skeptical and sure this will probably drop around the same time Will Smith produced Pharaoh Taharqa film which was hyped a few years back:aicmon:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On one hand, it is cool to see Black history dramatized but on the other hand its sad that Black people are so helpless that we place such importance over entertainment which White companies profit the most of it anyways.
It's really more about propaganda. Nothing really comes with all positives. But we movin in the right direction.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
yeah Islam was likely the downfall of the Malian Empire...

The most dumbest post on here. I hate how most on the Coli swear the know so much about African history but then fall completely flat on their faces when challenged.

After Islam came Mali was the most PROSPEROUS and RICHEST empire in not just Africa but the KNOWN WORLD at that time. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Do tell us how Islam was the fall of the Mali empire. The decline however came when one of the last Mansas failed to take Djenne but more importantly when Mali was finally conquered by the (ironically non-Muslim) Songhais.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't really buy the whole "positive and pro black music and movies will wake our people up".....didn't work in the past.

I've have not seen a movie that has shown black people in a powerful light like Mansa Musa. Maybe you can point me in the right direction because I have not seen any. 300 was a propaganda film and it worked for whites.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I've have not seen a movie that has shown black people in a powerful light like Mansa Musa. Maybe you can point me in the right direction because I have not seen any. 300 was a propaganda film and it worked for whites.

It worked for whites? Its a movie....any impact IRL was negligible. Entertainment with Black faces is a valid desire but the attempts to sell all these movies as transformative is misguided.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I can see white people complaining about him being supposedly being Arab and that the movie got it wrong.