• Total voters

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
While I agree that Pacman won the fight

Thurman did land more punches

And wasn't that the reason why Floyd won his fight against Pacman?

Yea but Thurman never controlled the fight the way Floyd did AND Thurman got kd'd too. Thurman never TRULY went for broke like I felt he should have especially in round 12.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

According to who? Punch stats?
Generally Pac’s punches had more effect on Keith than Keith’s on Pac.

Floyd beat Manny cause he almost completely nullified his offense, Manny won 3 rounds tops there, it was one sided, I think Pac was the clear winner yesterday but in terms of competitiveness it still wasn’t anything like May vs Pac.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I never understood thecoli irrational hate for dude :yeshrug: idk how you could be a fan of boxing and not appreciate this dude's foot movement, especially fans that know what they are watching.
That footwork was amazing. It was the biggest difference between them. I never really paid attention to it, but Thurman can't fight off his back foot. He's food any time he backs up and Manny was all over that shyt.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
And I seen people hating on deontay but I actually like him on the telecast. Aleast he's genuine. Who cares if he don't speak perfect English. Dude is from Alabama, that's how they all talk:yeshrug:......I'd rather have him up there over lame ass Chris Myers or Kate abdo. Well Kate can stay cause she's bad as fukk. Just don't have her talking. Matter fact just have a whole panel of fighters up there. Like one fight have Deontay, Thurman, and Spence. And shyt, throw in AB too. Just up there gettin lit and crackin jokes. And Kate Abdo in the background spreading her asscheeks.

I have no idea why they keep hiring these lame ass non boxing people. Chris Myers ain't no fukkin boxing guy. Neither is Kenny albert. They need to get Roy on there asap. shyt, bring foreman back too. He's still sharp. Boxing needs them an "NBA on TNT" type crew. This is where all these networks are fukking up. The presentation doesn't match the quality in the ring. There's a lot of positives on Fox though, I will admit. But a few tweaks and they could potentially be great.

But DAZN though....holy shyt. I don't know what the fukk they're doing over there. You remember how you had that one channel that used to broadcast local D3 basketball games?....with two dudes that sound like they're calling the game from their fukkin bedroom closet. That's the same vibe I get watching a DAZN fight. shyt is depressing:hhh:...... All that money they're paying the fighters and they don't put any of it into the presentation. Smh. ESPN got the lead right now just off the strength of having andre ward and max kellerman:yeshrug:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I had it 114-114 (with a 10-10 in round 8 as in that round both half was clearly won by each other) but can definitely see Pac winning or Thurman win so a SD is good decision. IMO, it was definitely closer than what the announcers were saying and Thurman landed clearly more often but Pac had the most significant blows for him.

Pac still at the top but he can only be elite for like 8 rounds top if he tries to go toe to toe like he did in the first half. I think he should try to box more like he did against Broner as it would assure him a full 12 round gas tank and avoid periods of down time like he had from rounds 6 to 10. There was times where he was visibly trying to gather some energy in the second half as Keith was boxing smarter and had him on the back foot. Good thing for him he caught Thurman badly with that body shot because Keith definitely had the momentum going for him and was timing Pac very well at that time.

IMO, Spence and Crawford can beat him, they are both still active, both with a long reach, they carry power all through 12 rounds and they can pressure efficiently as lefty. The movement could annoy Spence more but the body work would pay up for him in the latter rounds. I think Crawford could have it a bit "easier" (relatively speaking of course) than Spence as he is a better boxer. Thurman was caught while cold as he was winning the 1st round and that change the entire dynamic of the fight but I don't think those two would make that kind of mistake.

Oh and Goosen/Lewis have to go, their commentary do not live up to the hype. Matter of fact, they're not good at all and I think M. Punches in Bunches is the prime responsible for this and yes I'm hating. I know there are several eloquent ex-pros that could replace him easily (RJJ, Ward, Tarver...) and improve the broadcasting experience by many fold. If only we could have commentary-less boxing, I would pay for this.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ

Boxing isn’t based on who lands the most punches. Ring generalship, impact of landed punches, when the punches occurred, knock downs, defensive execution , types of punches landed, consistency of punches ( punches per round), and also, a little of tricking the judges and stealing rounds in the last 15-30 seconds of a round ala the great Ray Leonard.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I like is that even when hit with a shot that staggers unlike others he responds most of the time

Yeah he’s super aware of points and trying to win rounds. He always countered whenever he was hit with a combo.

It was also easy for him to do that last night since he was never even phased by any of Thurman’s shots so he it wasn’t like he was worried about getting caught and knocked out with a punch

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
And I seen people hating on deontay but I actually like him on the telecast. Aleast he's genuine. Who cares if he don't speak perfect English. Dude is from Alabama, that's how they all talk:yeshrug:

roy is from florida and sounds country as hell but he is able to convey clearly what the fukk he was watching and provide insight...something wilder didnt do so that became a focus

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohlawd: Man I had to listen to so many of you nikkas front on Pacquiao like he wasn't still the fukking truth ever since he lost to Floyd in 2015...

Rating nikkas like Danny, Thurman, Crawford, Spence, Shawn Porter all above Pac unjustly just cause.. There was even stupid motherfukkas saying he would lose to Adrian Broner(that nikka has since abandoned TheRing and ran to twitter) and even Bradley in the 3rd fight :ufdup:.. Those Vegas odds told me all I needed to know.. nikkas talk all that shyt but ain't willing to really put their money behind it at the same rate..cause they dont truly believe the bullshut they type..

I always knew Manny had one more career defining win in him before he retired.. And it was hard to make a case for him at the time being stuck on TR and getting robbed by Horn(who Manny sent to the hospital) while the PBC guys started to get all the shine..
But as of today cant nobody say shyt.. Manny beat the guy who was undefeated.. who beat Shawn Porter.. who beat Danny Garcia...who was ducked by Floyd :mjpls:That's right.. Floyd ain't want the smoke with Kieth.. He wanted Andre Berto instead.. It is what it is...

I feel like Manny should hang the gloves up and go out on a high note.. There's is literally nothing else for him to prove.. The man started his career at fly weight and 8 divisions later is 40yrs old and just became a 3x welterweight champion.... to this day I'm still :damn::whoo::mindblown: that this is the same dude I became a fan of at Featherweight is able to still compete at welterweight at the highest level

How much money does he still have?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
roy is from florida and sounds country as hell but he is able to convey clearly what the fukk he was watching and provide insight...something wilder didnt do so that became a focus
Yea but Roy wasn't that sharp in the beginning. It took time. He always used to fukk up his words. Deontay just gets nervous and speaks before thinking. But with more experience he'll get better.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yea but Roy wasn't that sharp in the beginning. It took time. He always used to fukk up his words. Deontay just gets nervous and speaks before thinking. But with more experience he'll get better.
Wilder sounded off but usually he sounds charismatic and definitely can convey his point.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What was the purse?
Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, official contract purses for Saturday's Pacquiao-Thurman card: Manny Pacquiao $10 million (but guaranteed many millions more), Keith Thurman $2.5 million but guaranteed many millions more), Omar Figueroa Jr. $300k, Yordenis Ugas $300k, Sergey Lipinets $250k, Jayar Inson $10k (but garanteed thousands more), Luis Nery $150k, Juan Carlos Payano $25k, Caleb Plant $750k, Mike Lee $250k, Efe Ajagba $15k. Ali Eren Demirezen $10k