manga: what you reading brehs....

Daps
Honestly, I'm still like ten volumes behind on where it's now currently and I say no. The anime is based of the Golden Age arc which is by far, and I mean BY FAR, the best arc in the manga, and of the stuff that comes after it I'd say 95% is pure filler. Guts meets these new characters that join him, they fight some demon, rinse, repeat. I've read that at its current point, Guts still hasn't even gotten close to fighting even one of the God Hand (the five head demons), which is fukking absurd.

The only thing that it has going for it in my opinion is that the art is absolutely insane. Alongside the works of Asano Inio it stands as the best art in all of manga, and it's the sole reason I struggle on with it.

yg0p.jpg

r581.jpg

:lupe:

Thanks man, thats what I was afraid of, after watching the anime i was really intrigued by the god hand, and after reading some of the wiki I was even more interested in the idea of evil and the whole concept behind it, what arcs would you consider series best after the Golden arc?

edit: that art is fukking amazing :whoo:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Thanks man, thats what I was afraid of, after watching the anime i was really intrigued by the god hand, and after reading some of the wiki I was even more interested in the idea of evil and the whole concept behind it, what arcs would you consider series best after the Golden arc?

Well, the major arcs in Berserk are Black Swordsman (the opening arc), The Golden Age, Conviction, Hawk Of The Millennium Empire and Fantasia. Right now I'm only halfway into HotME but so far that one has been a huge improvement over Conviction, which was utterly boring to me and mostly served to introduce the new allies of Guts in the aftermath of the God Hand ritual. It's not until HotME that Griffith gets back into the mold and things get somewhat interesting again, but even then a lot of time gets devoted to Guts & co. fighting arbitrary monsters that are really into rape.

Daps
Well, the major arcs in Berserk are Black Swordsman (the opening arc), The Golden Age, Conviction, Hawk Of The Millennium Empire and Fantasia. Right now I'm only halfway into HotME but so far that one has been a huge improvement over Conviction, which was utterly boring to me and mostly served to introduce the new allies of Guts in the aftermath of the God Hand ritual. It's not until HotME that Griffith gets back into the mold and things get somewhat interesting again, but even then a lot of time gets devoted to Guts & co. fighting arbitrary monsters that are really into rape.

So would you say The golden age is still worth reading after seeing the anime, I've heard that its much more detailed and more characters. And it sounds like pretty much no other arc besides golden age is must read

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So would you say The golden age is still worth reading after seeing the anime, I've heard that its much more detailed and more characters. And it sounds like pretty much no other arc besides golden age is must read

I think it's worth it. But if I was you I'd also read the opening arc which should give you a good feel on what the rest of the series is like.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I recently watched the beserk anime and absolutely loved it, with the considerable cliffhanger I want to read the manga, but i see there are long droughts between new issues, and there really isn't a conclusion to the story in sight. Is it still worth it?
The last update to the manga was in January.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I clicked on this manga named Oldman purely out of curiosity. First chapter dropped. They didn't even have the cover on the site yet.

":heh: oldman? what is this? Some mega man villain shyt? lets see what this shi-"

g000a.jpg

":dwillhuh:" *turns page*

g000b.jpg

":lupe:"

yeah. I'm calling it right now. this may be one of those long slow burners full of epic shyt and bloodletting like Berserk. Bookmark it and expect greatness.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I clicked on this manga named Oldman purely out of curiosity. First chapter dropped. They didn't even have the cover on the site yet.

":heh: oldman? what is this? Some mega man villain shyt? lets see what this shi-"

g000a.jpg

":dwillhuh:" *turns page*

g000b.jpg

":lupe:"

yeah. I'm calling it right now. this may be one of those long slow burners full of epic shyt and bloodletting like Berserk. Bookmark it and expect greatness.
:dwillhuh: Wheres that link buddy

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I'm up to date with HxH. I got mixed feelings about this manga. There are moments of pure brilliance but most of the time, it's utter garbage.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Started reading Vagabond and :whoo: its crack! :blessed:

Brehs, you know any other great less known shounens?
vagabond is pretty well know. first page of thread has a few lesser hyped jawns listed.

this ippo nikka need to stop dropping half chapters. might have to fly to japan and depsey roll on his ass