Man wins $1500 off a $2 parlay. Gets it garnished by child support

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any other source? Lol

This doesn’t even seem legit as I don’t think fan duel/draft kings have data exchange agreements with states. If that’s the case they would also withhold winnings for taxes.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
So wait, if I pay child support and I win the lottery do I have to declare that winning???
It's not income right?

concise

Veteran
Daps
Any other source? Lol

This doesn’t even seem legit as I don’t think fan duel/draft kings have data exchange agreements with states. If that’s the case they would also withhold winnings for taxes.

it's based on a viral tweet, but fanduel is absolutely able to take your winnings to pay child support, it is in the terms of service.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's based on a viral tweet, but fanduel is absolutely able to take your winnings to pay child support, it is in the terms of service.

This makes sense for people holding a lot of money on the acct. In his case he just won the 1500. Unless the state sent a prior court order this doesn’t sound reasonable

But as you posted it’s possible. Just not in his situation imo

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bad publicity for FanDuel. I'm willing to bet a big segment of their clientele is on child support. Now they know it could be seized, they might take their business elsewhere...