Man, This Creed 3 movie was corny azzatry

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
All Rocky films have a certain degree of fantasy. The most grounded ones were Rocky 1, 6 and Creed, the rest are basically Saturday morning cartoons. I was fine with Dame getting a title shot fresh out of prison, I just wish the film spent more time developing his character further so the final fight would have felt more earned, organic, and satisfying, This is one film I felt could have benefited from a longer runtime.

The Rocky franchise itself is a fantasy for cacs. Because in what world does a random cac get randomly selected to fight the heavyweight champion of the world? And defeat them?

Also the franchise was rooted in a white male besting Black men for three straight movies to prove that Rocky, as a generic cac, could somehow defeat the best boxers in the world who just so happened to be Black and also over the top and flashy in their behavior :mjpls:

Then in the 4th once he had proven how good he was vs Black men, he fought a Russian cac. But because they were both white he had respect for him and made a big speech about it. So it wasn't about pure domination but respect and possible international peace between two cac countries.

Last edited:
Daps
The Rocky franchise itself is a fantasy for cacs. Because in what world does a random cac get to challenge the heavyweight champion of the world? And defeat them?

Also the franchise was rooted in a white male besting Black men for three straight movies to prove that Rocky, as a generic cac, could somehow defeat the best boxers in the world who just so happened to be Black and also over the top and flashy in their behavior :mjpls:

Then in the 4th once he had proven how good he was vs Black men, he fought a Russian cac. But because they were both white he had respect for him and made a big speech about it. So it wasn't about pure domination but respect and possible international peace between two cac countries.

Rocky never challenged anyone

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Rocky films have a certain degree of fantasy.
Exactly. It's never been a documentary. And, at this point, calling it out is as insightful as leaving a Fast and Furious movie and yelling "but cars can't do that!"
This is one film I felt could have benefited from a longer runtime.
I love short run times but not this time. Phylicia Rashad and Jonathan Majors are such good actors that we 100% could've spent more time developing them so both their story beats hit harder. The movie has the bones to be a classic.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: Do they actually block in the movie? That's the thing that pisses me off about boxing movies, is that there's no focus on defense. I remember when my family, and I were watching Rocky and was like :mindblown: at Creed and Rocky taking punches with NO fukkING DODGING OR BLOCK ATTEMPTS!
Yes they do, lol. I know how you feel. I made the mistake of watching Rocky 1-3 before watching Creed 3 and just noticed how they never blocked any shots. Just 14 straight rounds of headshots. Actually became a little disgusted by it. Was very surprised that they block and actually box in Creed 3.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I mean it was a reach but they banked on the fact that Creed was on some mayweather shyt and put his man’s on through his company… and he was kinda known in the city prior to the bid. And the mother being sick wasn’t out the blue considering we were following the main 2 characters the most

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Just saw it. One thing that gets me is Creed is suppose to be like 5-7 years younger than Dame but MBJ is older then Majors :mjlol: