Man shot 7 times in LA Fitness bball court

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
This one has that :francis: Thats why PG county is such a mindfukk. Half hood half affluent

For reference where this happened in the 4th most affluent black neighborhood in the country:

Here’s a list of a few more affluent neighborhoods in the U.S. that have majority Black populations and residents having at least a high school diploma, low crime rates and an average household income of $60,000 to $90,000:

• Olympia Fields, Illinois
  • Wheatley Heights, New York
  • Hillcrest, New York
  • Woodmore, Maryland
  • Kettering, Maryland
  • Fort Washington, Maryland
  • Mitchellville, Maryland
  • Friendly, Maryland

Yea see this is what I mean. This didn’t happen in Woodmore. Woodmore town center is some bullshyt commercial development bullshyt to try to prop up an area.

No shade to that area, I lived in the neighborhood right behind the LA fitness for a year but it ain’t woodmore

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yea see this is what I mean. This didn’t happen in Woodmore. Woodmore town center is some bullshyt commercial development bullshyt to try to prop up an area.

No shade to that area, I lived in the neighborhood right behind the LA fitness for a year but it ain’t woodmore

I don’t think the historical accuracy is gonna matter. Once you name a place ‘woodmore town center’ and build up the whole region around that branding, it’s Woodmore. Cities erase/maneuver history all the time. Especially PG county there’s a different city name for every block

Woodmore town center all up in the branding

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
kBpuLY.gif
Literally first thing that popped into my head

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my LA fitness too, guess I'm buying a peloton :francis:.

It's all perception. Folks call it Woodmore or Glenarden but it's technically Lanham and nobody want's to claim Lanham :mjpls:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
This one has that :francis: Thats why PG county is such a mindfukk. Half hood half affluent

For reference where this happened in the 4th most affluent black neighborhood in the country:

Here’s a list of a few more affluent neighborhoods in the U.S. that have majority Black populations and residents having at least a high school diploma, low crime rates and an average household income of $60,000 to $90,000:

• Hillcrest, New York
  • Woodmore, Maryland
  • Kettering, Maryland
  • Friendly, Maryland
My aunt lives in Mitchellville. Former exec at IBM. Go there a lot for family events. Have another friend in PG who lives in this new housing development that's really nice. Right up the street from her development is a house we always ride by that we think is a trap house because the front door is open all the time and you can see this TV in the living room.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

• Hillcrest, New York
  • Woodmore, Maryland
  • Kettering, Maryland
  • Friendly, Maryland
Oh shyt I didn’t realize Maryland had it like that. :leon:

My dad’s side of the family is from Baltimore and theres a high ratchet factor, bad enough we hardly visit anymore (I was a kid during the crack era though). Was considering moving back to the East coast might have to give Maryland another look.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

And I was there :snoop:

Was working out in the main area and hear a commotion, people start slowly emptying out of the court, and they’re all looking back in the court.

10 seconds later there’s a gunshot on the court. Everybody starts to scramble. On my way running out, i see someone at the front desk already bleeding holding his stomach :ohhh: Which fukked me up bc we JUST heard the gunshot and the court is in the back of the gym

Later found out that who I saw was who got shot. Thankfully HE SURVIVED. The reports of him being shot 6-7 times gotta be wrong bc I didn’t see or hear that. I’m guessing the initial commotion is when he got shot at close distance and we just didn’t hear

But yea brehs, this why I dont hoop anymore. And this is at a ‘black excellence’ area of PG county, ‘richest black county’. Nonsense. Is this the residual of the current rap cultural :francis:

Pg county is ratchet as hell. Would never stay in that county if i lived i maryland.

Howard and montgomery county>>

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Was working out in the main area and hear a commotion, people start slowly emptying out of the court, and they’re all looking back in the court.

10 seconds later there’s a gunshot on the court. Everybody starts to scramble. On my way running out, i see someone at the front desk already bleeding holding his stomach :ohhh: Which fukked me up bc we JUST heard the gunshot and the court is in the back of the gym

Later found out that who I saw was who got shot. Thankfully HE SURVIVED. The reports of him being shot 6-7 times gotta be wrong bc I didn’t see or hear that. I’m guessing the initial commotion is when he got shot at close distance and we just didn’t hear

But yea brehs, this why I dont hoop anymore. And this is at a ‘black excellence’ area of PG county, ‘richest black county’. Nonsense. Is this the residual of the current rap cultural :francis:

This why I don't play pick up ball with strangers no more. These nikkas are TRULY CLOWNS. They play pick up games like there's money on the line.

Byronml

Rookie
Daps

I'd just checked in and walked into the locker room. The report of him being shot 6-7 times doesn't sound right, I heard one shot while I was tying my shoes, then left just as the police walked in.

Drove past the area late yesterday heading to Woodmore Town Center....I figured it was some BS because the police had the whole area cleared out...smdh

Actually saw a car accident live 2 blocks away around Lottsford Road yesterday as well.

:francis:
This is what really messed me up because this accident happened directly in front of my car 5min after I left LA Fitness. I was at a red light on Lottsford in the left turning lane. I'm not sure which car was the one that ran the red light but they hit each other HARD. Time felt frozen and I didn't know whether the drivers were dead or alive until one got out in one car and the air bag started moving in the other.