Man says he doesn’t want to make $350 a year, he’d rather make $90k due to expectations

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
There are all kinds of jobs and careers in the world.

Some jobs the higher you go, the more you can delegate and the less stress you have.
I have a friend who makes entry six figures and was so bored she took another 6 fig job. Both jobs were remote and she realized she could add another but IRS wouldn't be a fan and that's just asking for problems.

Other jobs the higher you go, the more is demanded of you.
Multiple calls on weekends, late nights at the office, rushed deadlines, competitive coworkers, aggressive consultants, clueless managers, zero work life balance. There was some reality show where the dad came back from a long project in some European country and realized his son recently graduated. The look on his face was sort of restrained sadness. The episode was mostly him taking his son out car shopping but he'd always walk away to talk on the old bluetooth headset while the mom rolled her eyes.

There are:
low stress + low paying jobs like cashiers and event ushers,
high stress + low paying jobs like teachers, cooks, low level construction
high stress + high paying jobs like corporate lawyers, surgeons, national managers
low stress + high paying jobs like actuary, accounting, IT, engineers

It all depends on one's experience in their industry. I'll never fault anyone for looking at the big picture and saying u know what? I'm good here.
Lots of high level execs and career people do it all the time. Dream jobs can turn into golden handcuffs

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I believe him. He used to be on the Dave Ramsey show. I get the sentiment but nah give me that 350K any day 😂

I have no aspirations to be a business owner or a landlord etc so 🤷🏽‍♂️

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But if he built his own business, he would probably working almost 24/7 too? :mjtf:

Also, when you work those $350K jobs, yea, you're on call a good portion of the job but you also get tons of free time away from the office.
Oh wow, I have to take a business call while in Bora Bora. My poor life.

No more podcasts. Please.