Man says he doesn’t want to make $350 a year, he’d rather make $90k due to expectations

Daps
Last edited:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
In other words, he's talking about work life balance and it makes sense. :manny: That is why many consulting firms (for example) prefer younger workers cause they have the willingness and flexibility work 60+ hours a week.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to say this but too many Black men today have a built in lack of ambition no Black woman would ever say some silly shyt like this. Even after taxes 350 will allow you to aggressively invest in your retirement while providing a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.

Totally disagree.

High paying job with work/life balance that allows you to spend more time with your family and earn income on a side business.

vs.

Extremely high paying job with no work-life balance, less time with family, and less time for personal pursuits to earn money on the side.

If these are the options, breh is making a logical choice based on his own values. He sounds clearly entrepreneurial and puts value on having the extra time to do his own shyt.

Daps
The compounding returns from the money you could dump into ETFs and blue chip stocks from a $350k job more than likely well exceeds what you’ll get from a side business/hustle you can have while holding a FT job.

Not to mention, it will be passive and the side hustle most likely wouldn’t.

On another note, never liked this content creator. He’s from the David Ramsey camp and he’s not as sharp as he think he is. Always exposing himself with goofy takes like this.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Totally disagree.

High paying job with work/life balance that allows you to spend more time with your family and earn income on a side business.

vs.

Extremely high paying job with no work-life balance, less time with family, and less time for personal pursuits to earn money on the side.

If these are the options, breh is making a logical choice based on his own values. He sounds clearly entrepreneurial and puts value on having the extra time to do his own shyt.

Like another poster said once you pass about 80-90k you are entering into a different set of expectations anyway. I worked 6-7 days a week making that working as a television producer. 5 days on the field and I usually had spend a day helping with editing and/or setup meetings. Plus if you're starting a business for real it's an additional 50 plus hours of work on top of what ever you doing. You have to maximize your productive years when you are still in your prime.

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Owning your own business and being your own boss is definitely overrated.

You can work for someone else making $300k and be very content. You can have time to pursue passions/hobbies and not have to worry about them turning a profit.

I know everyone wants to be a boss and all that but honestly just have boundaries and standards in life period whether you are a boss or “worker.”

I have been happiest as a salaried employee with boundaries vs. a “hustler” type business owner.

Last edited:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Saw this shyt yesterday. Dumb ass take.
Hustle man culture 3.0. He ain’t harming anyone but himself with his logic so more power but I saw this shyt and was like wow this is the dumbest shyt I seen in a minute. Social media definitely needs a warning label.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like another poster said once you pass about 80-90k you are entering into a different set of expectations anyway. I worked 6-7 days a week making that working as a television producer. 5 days on the field and I usually had spend a day helping with editing and/or setup meetings. Plus if you're starting a business for real it's an additional 50 plus hours of work on top of what ever you doing. You have to maximize your productive years when you are still in your prime.

We're all using generalities here. There are cushy six figure jobs and stressful demanding jobs at 50k. But generally, higher pay will come with more responsibilities you'll have. I'm surprised by the strong opinions in this thread given its about personal preference and values with no real "right" answer. If you're a person who wants to work, save money, and start a side business to eventually transition to your primary income source, the OP makes perfect sense.