Malika Andrews.....ESPN NBA Reporter.......

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Ain't no way she's on first take anymore. I bet SAS tried to do her a solid, but she tried to check him on his own show. That alone is a demotion. She'll be around the NBA show until the other folks lose patience with her.
I want to see her face the music for her actions
But
First Take...she's a guest
NBA Today/Jump...she's the host

She needs to lose the host privileges

Daps
She's been the nba jump/today host since Nichols was bounced

She's had numerous incidents with panel guests, bad takes, etc

Only seen her once since the Udoka situation broke last week and the Mazzulla attack. She was onsite at the Nets practice yesterday or maybe today "getting the scoop" for media day.
I know all that. I don't know if NBA today is on everyday and if she has been hosting this week. "Onsite" huh?... keepimg her out the hotseat... :russ:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That screenshot with her face twisted up like that gets me everytime 😂. Chick probably ain't going nowhere but hopefully this causes her to step back and correct her ways because those bratty outbursts aren't a good look. You see how Sage Steele got relegated to just SportsCenter duties after she caught a bad rep. I don't see NBA players going to bat for Malika like they did Rachel Nichols, that ain't a good sign.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
nichols didnt start out trash at the very least, malika is both too inexperienced for her role and came out the gate where nichols started. that said, Roz would've been the better pick here or even elevating Jalen and Jacoby to host this
She got gifted her job once Rachel got the boot. It would've been Maria's but she took the bag with NBC.

Malikia being young,cute and upcoming she got the gig.

She needed a few more years before she got the job.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
What a weirdo position from that fat fukk. She's clearly "qualified" to sit on a panel and host basketball discussions. This isn't a hospital, she's not a doctor - there are no strict qualifications beyond having a degree and some basic TV experience. So making this a matter of "diversity" is nothing more a red herring for racists, from a guy who has become little more than an alt right parrot.

The problem with Malika and frankly most ESPN hosts is that they're incentivized to pretend to be a Real Journalist when a topic they deem worthy of a soapbox arrives. Sometimes this is fine - no one here would have an issue with a soapbox moment about Brett Favre, or domestic violence (Ray Rice video for instance), sexual assault etc. Hell I don't mind it with the Ime situation since, from an HR perspective, it was an inappropriate sexual relationship that could be deemed as harassment whether it was consensual or not (authority figure, alleged subordinate employee, etc). My issue with Malika is that she not only is on the soapbox, she's decided she is the lone arbiter of truth on the topic because she's a woman, which apparently means she can disrespect guests or shut down conversations she doesn't like. Or slander a black man (Joe Mazulla) with irrelevant information from his past that had no impact on his hiring and was either dismissed or cleared in court when he was in COLLEGE.

I'm not calling on her to be fired or replaced. She'll replace herself soon enough when a bigger job opportunity arises.
She's not qualified. She need a few more years of experience.

To be the host it's not as easy as they make it seem.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
when the Kendrick happen?

What she say about Kobe?

The Kendrick interview was last week, when he suggested a difference of opinion

She spoke to Matt Barnes in a condescending manner like he was a little boy instead of a former NBA player, when Barnes suggested Kobe would have been more of a disciplinarian than LeBron was, with regards to the Lakers being garbage.

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Such a shame they couldn't keep Maria Taylor. She was smooth, knew her sports and had a much more authentic personality than Malika. Even without the power tripping outbursts, Malika's personality just comes off as forced and contrived. They really blew it not giving Maria the bag with kind of talent she was, and now it looks they'll learn the hard way. Malika's approval rating is at an all time low right now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That screenshot with her face twisted up like that gets me everytime 😂. Chick probably ain't going nowhere but hopefully this causes her to step back and correct her ways because those bratty outbursts aren't a good look. You see how Sage Steele got relegated to just SportsCenter duties after she caught a bad rep. I don't see NBA players going to bat for Malika like they did Rachel Nichols, that ain't a good sign.

That's the thing. A LOT of the players had no problem with Rachel...even after the fukkup.

Malika needs to clean this shyt up ASAP and make sure to let the producers know that she can't be put in these situations anymore as well.

Because if she fukks up again...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
she got some nerve condoning udoka when she herself is fraternizing at the workplace. :camby:

fukkin coworkers ain't the problem. It's the power dynamic. That's why they tell you that you can't be in the same departments, organization structure/tree, etc. If you do, someone has to move to another area or quit.

With Ime being the coach and this one broad as the travel booker ( :mjlol: ), he could easily get her fired/canned if shyt went left and she was done with the relationship.

Lots of teams have been putting in language in their contracts for their employees that fukkin with married coworkers will get you in trouble (this is what Ime did). He fukked up not only from a power dynamic aspect, but fukkin a married person in the org.

It's no secret that lots of people in the front offices mess with players and vice versa, some teams rules are more stringent than others, but when you have that power dynamic aspect that can go bad at any point, shyt can get messy. TWolves didn't tolerate it from the jump, so that's why Rosas got bushed.

Work p*ssy ain't worth my check. Ime still pressing old girl over the ass and allegedly the shyt becoming unwarranted is some pressed shyt by him.

I'm still :mjlol: at this nikka house huntin with Nia only a couple of weeks ago acting like she wasn't gon find out. Only reason he wasn't canned is what they did last season, but the shyt ain't over.

But yeah, Malika being in a relationship with that goofy cac should have her being a little more aware in her actions/words/feelings. There's no power dynamic in their positions at work that can cause an issue from all accounts so she's lucky. And I do believe that old girl should be exposed as well, not just Ime. You married and fukkin this nikka on the side. You ain't shyt either, not just him. That shyt with Adrien Payne was flat out pathetic and not needed at all. She deserves the smoke for that shyt. Just like Rachel did with bringing up Kobe's shyt after he passed. There's a time for shyt and that wasn't it.

She gotta do better and do it immediately.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Bron knew

FX7gHYgXEAEZ0iF